GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m still at 75%!

Phur

Autocross Champion
Yeah it’s crazy how slow the older ones feel after using a new one. My kids use our old gen 1 iPad mini and it’s sooo slow compared to newer one.

The camera on the 11 Pro is really something else. The portrait mode is amazing. I love the widgets too (I know android has had them for years) but I like how they can change depending on what you are doing. So when I get in my car the one photo tile automatically changes to give me the music app which is nice. The sleeker home screens are nice too.

I need to work on some of my custom buttons.

View attachment 192806
I’m pretty sure that you just inspired me to reorganize my Home Screen.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
😂 old ass picture from when I was 20-21 maybe. My boat that I had when I lived at my dads which is near the water. When I moved away it was always a chore to take it out on the water so I sold it to a neighbor.
View attachment 192774

0A7BF0BB-550A-40BC-BC95-E2A22C83430F.png

torga

Autocross Champion
I though it was but I figured it was just me being from the east coast. We stayed in a little town called Page. It was hot but not really because I wasn’t sweating. No trees or grass anywhere and miles of nothing!! Got to see horseshoe bend and the slot canyons which were really cool.
That's the dry heat for ya. Growing up in muggy TX, then living in NM for 10 years... I much prefer the dry heat. Don't get me wrong, a 110F day in the desert will still burn you to a crisp, but at least the shade works. And the desert nights! Even if it was 100F all day long, as soon as the sun goes down it'll always drop to 65-70F. Wonderful.

I finally upgraded my iPhone 7 to an 11 Pro a few months ago and idk how I managed with the 7 now lol.
I have a 7 for work and I love the home button "click". Apple really figured out their haptic motors -- Android needs to catch up in that regard. I'll be replacing my personal phone with a Pixel 5 on Black Friday.

Wagon died at a rest stop on 75 last night.
R has a TPMS light on and the Adaptive Lighting module failed or something.
Yay.
Not fun. Have you diagnosed the wagon?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
So with boats - is financing similar to that of motorhomes? Where people can take out up to 30 year notes on them?

It would definitely explain why there are some big-dollar boats floating on the Fox River up here. Guy doesn't have all his teeth or a wifebeater without stains but he's floating on 250k of boat...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
So with boats - is financing similar to that of motorhomes? Where people can take out up to 30 year notes on them?

It would definitely explain why there are some big-dollar boats floating on the Fox River up here. Guy doesn't have all his teeth or a wifebeater without stains but he's floating on 250k of boat...

The most we usually see is about 20 years. They're typically between like 10-20 years.

I've heard old guys walking out of the door after signing their closing documents being like, I won't live long enough to pay it off anyway, what the hell do I care.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That's insane.

Aye, we don't do finances in house, it's an outside company that does it, so I'm not completely versed in the terms and all that. I feel like I've seen loans that were up like 15 years long with $80k and after 15 years you've probably paid closer to $140k.

No pre-payment penalties though, so a lot of people pay them off early.

We had a guy a couple weeks ago who couldn't get a loan approved by any banks, so he wrote a check for it. The dude pays cash for everything and does it so often that he has no credit history and banks aren't willing to give him a loan. He could write a check for $80k for it though.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I want an SQ5.
An old woman that I work with has one in Daytona Grey Pearl. I LOVE it!
A couple of her previous cars include a tuned TDI Cup Edition Jetta and a tuned Cobalt SS. She likes her cars!

Phur

Autocross Champion
I feel like they definitely need to be lowered though.