GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear sway bar bracket part #

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
2017 GTI PP Anyone know the stock rear sway bar brackets part number? Or have a pair they're willing to part with?

I've searched various VW parts sites, FCP Euro, ECS, etc. but no one seems to sell them separately or have a part number. Maybe they only come with the sway bar and bushings? That seems like something VW would do...
https://www.vwpartscenter.net/v-201...ear-suspension--stabilizer-bar-and-components

Back story if anyone is interested: I went to install my 24mm H&R rear sway bar and moog endlinks the other day only to find aftermarket brackets and bushings. This got me looking at things a little closer and noticed the bar had the metal "sleeves" that some bars have (to prevent side to side movement?). Obviously the stock PP rear sway bar doesn't have this, so I measured the bar... 25mm OD. I believe it's an ST non-adjustable 25mm bar. Some of you are probably going to ask "why bother installing the H&R bar?" but the ST bushings seem like they have seen better days, and if I already have the H&R bar and new endlinks, why not just install everything at once? Saves me the trouble of breaking the old (rusted) endlinks bolts loose. Frankly I've been a big fan of H&R sway bars, springs, etc. on my previous cars, so might as well swap everything out with new then sell the ST bar for a few bucks.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Bump. No one knows, or has a stock set sitting around they can check the part number?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
you might check with vwpartsvortex, or a dealership.

in some.instances, parts shown on the web are reflected as a set have individual parts with part numbers not listed.

I ran in to this with a cv axle. No part numbers shown for the boot, the boot fastener, the grease...only a kit of the above online . Vwpartsvortex sent me a more detailed list, which showed me the boot fastener (that I needed).

might be worth a try

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Thanks everyone!

haven’t been able to find any on eBay and VWPartsVortex has the same parts diagram that I’ve found elsewhere. Autohaas has PP sway bars, but I don’t really feel like paying $60-70 + shipping for the full sway bar and bushings, just to get the brackets.

Anyone know the size of an A3 rear sway bar? Or if the brackets are used across multiple platforms? I found an A3 bar used with brackets for about $35 shipped and they look almost identical, just not sure about the size.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
I couldn't find any results from the part number on mine but here's a pic anyway ('17 Sport model which I assume has the same rear sway as the PP cars)

When I did my ST rear sway I upgraded to the ECS mounts/bushings mainly for the grease fittings and they've been great so far. Something like that could be an option if you can't source an OEM set.

Good luck with the search!

Last edited:

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I have a set of OEM rear sway bar clamps, bushings and endlinks from a 2017 GTI Sport. I replaced them with the Neuspeed 25mm bar, brackets and bushings that are greaseable. You pay the shipping and they are yours as I will never use them.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I have a set of OEM rear sway bar clamps, bushings and endlinks from a 2017 GTI Sport. I replaced them with the Neuspeed 25mm bar, brackets and bushings that are greaseable. You pay the shipping and they are yours as I will never use them.

I don’t need anything other than the clamps/brackets, but if you’re willing to ship everything then I’ll take it. How much shipped to 07921?

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
When I did my ST rear sway I upgraded to the ECS mounts/bushings mainly for the grease fittings and they've been great so far. Something like that could be an option if you can't source an OEM set.

Thanks for the suggestion, but one of the main reasons I went with H&R is that they never require grease. I’ve installed H&R sway bars on a number of cars and have had zero noise.