GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EA888 rev limit

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
This thing really struggles to stay alive past 6K. It was designed for fuel economy and low end grunt. I don't see a point of pushing it over 6.5K on a sunny day.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
In stock form you're correct.
Not really, they aren't much better modified. It is the nature of the engine design. These are not rev happy engines. I guess you can dump a ton of money into it trying to make it something that it wasn't designed to be it the first place.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I still don't see a real need for maximizing the rev limit in this platform with how tall the gearing is. It's kind of pointless.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I still don't see a real need for maximizing the rev limit in this platform with how tall the gearing is. It's kind of pointless.
What about the turbos that don’t really start making the beans until much higher in revs?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Not really, they aren't much better modified. It is the nature of the engine design. These are not rev happy engines. I guess you can dump a ton of money into it trying to make it something that it wasn't designed to be it the first place.
Interesting, I continue making power until 7250 fuel cut off. I would say that is much better modified than stock.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Damn dude, do you enjoy being wrong all the time? Guess you never had a BT setup or know how to modify a car correctly.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Well of course you can make more power up top with a larger turbo at the expense of losing some of the low end response but you are still shifting around 7K. It isn't a rev happy engine because it was never designed to be.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well of course you can make more power up top with a larger turbo at the expense of losing some of the low end response but you are still shifting around 7K. It isn't a rev happy engine because it was never designed to be.
The EQT Vortex turbo spools at 3200 RPM and is still making power at redline.
Best of both worlds.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
The EQT Vortex turbo spools at 3200 RPM and is still making power at redline.
Best of both worlds.

I get that but again you are shifting at around 7K, the rev limit is right around there. After that you are at a point of diminishing returns trying to make this engine something that it is not.