GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Shit loads of vibration when accelerating. The noise kinda sounds like when you let the clutch out but don't give it enough gas right away. But it's all the time when you give it gas.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Phur

Autocross Champion

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Shoulda taken that $800 offer while it was on the table 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I know man. I just wasn't in the position to sell my car since I didn't have my bonus.. Now I do.. But now my car is fucked...

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah TX is no joke.

I mean, we will make fun of Dubya in payback for all his #thanksIllinois posts with poolside pictures taken as we freeze up here.

But yeah, TX is fucked up. Those areas just are not equipped for this weather. Another forum I frequent, a couple TX guys mentioned that their hot water heaters are actually mounted on platforms outside. A bunch of us LOL'd as it sounds ridiculous but I guess it's common. Guess what? Their damned hot water heaters are frozen.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Yeah TX is no joke.

I mean, we will make fun of Dubya in payback for all his #thanksIllinois posts with poolside pictures taken as we freeze up here.

But yeah, TX is fucked up. Those areas just are not equipped for this weather. Another forum I frequent, a couple TX guys mentioned that their hot water heaters are actually mounted on platforms outside. A bunch of us LOL'd as it sounds ridiculous but I guess it's common. Guess what? Their damned hot water heaters are frozen.
When I lived in Florida they were mounted in the garages.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
That's awesome lol!! Those crazy Canadians.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Meanwhile in texas....jeez what's the worst state again @Cadubya ???

149665169_3597904343597200_5218202762470783975_n.jpg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Not that I enjoy the suffering of others, but I have found some amusement in seeing the same guys that shit all over govt assistance for Rona or the student loan campaign talking points either do an about-face on bailouts or stay quiet on the whole thing. Bit different when you're the one in need, I guess.

Just saw something on Reddit where it's been pointed out that multi-day freezes in Texas happen on average every 6 years over the last 30 years. There's no way they could have seen this coming.

Other thing I'm wondering is: one of the talking points about why it's so bad is that houses and buildings down there apparently aren't insulated well enough for that sort of weather. Has me scratching my head a little bit - better insulation would also help keep buildings cool in the summer when they're running the AC... is it just a way for builders to save $ up front? When I lived down there my A/C had to run ~20 hrs/day to keep my 2nd floor apartment cool.