GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That’s very strange indeed. Elevation or no? Let us know if reverting to 2.01 helps.
750ft elevation in Wisconsin. I’ll switch to 2.01 today and give it a couple days to adjust before I judge the difference. Should I do another DSG default with the map change or no?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I wonder how much of this (if any), is just cognitive bias? People who just read about something, and then are "feeling" something just because they're expecting to. Not saying that is the case here, but you see it all the time in other places in this hobby.

"I can totally feel my car being quicker after installing an intake!"

"I accidentally put in 87, and can tell the throttle feels less snappy!"

Etc, etc...

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I wonder how much of this (if any), is just cognitive bias? People who just read about something, and then are "feeling" something just because they're expecting to. Not saying that is the case here, but you see it all the time in other places in this hobby.

"I can totally feel my car being quicker after installing an intake!"

"I accidentally put in 87, and can tell the throttle feels less snappy!"

Etc, etc...
i was the oppposite. first thing i noticed on 2.51 is the throttle seemed extra touchy when taking off. no one else seemed to have that problem so i didn't mention anything until i saw someone else bring it up. ed sent me a beta tune file yesterday to test out and it felt much better

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
i was the oppposite. first thing i noticed on 2.51 is the throttle seemed extra touchy when taking off. no one else seemed to have that problem so i didn't mention anything until i saw someone else bring it up. ed sent me a beta tune file yesterday to test out and it felt much better
Good to know that Ed is trying to fix it. The touchy throttle response is when im taking off also.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
What year/model? The downshift points are set mostly by pedal angle, so this does not make sense either. It should take the same amount of pedal travel as before to cause a downshift.
2019 GTI SE DSG, with your Stage 1 93 and your TCU tune as well.

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
750ft elevation in Wisconsin. I’ll switch to 2.01 today and give it a couple days to adjust before I judge the difference. Should I do another DSG default with the map change or no?
No need for another dsg reset.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Good to know that Ed is trying to fix it. The touchy throttle response is when im taking off also.
Are you a MT as well? This beta change is only for MT cars. 2019 GTI DSG cars might be just a slight hair more sensitive on 2.51, but barely at all.

You guys do have to remember, however, that on initial reset/reflash, the throttle does start out very sensitive, but should adapt within a few miles.

-- Ed

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Are you a MT as well? This beta change is only for MT cars. 2019 GTI DSG cars might be just a slight hair more sensitive on 2.51, but barely at all.

You guys do have to remember, however, that on initial reset/reflash, the throttle does start out very sensitive, but should adapt within a few miles.

-- Ed
Nope DSG, but I'll drive it around. I think I've put at least 500 miles on 2.51 so far at least.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
FYI, I'm running a couple polls in our FB group to collect more aggregate data on people's preferences in regard to throttle sensitivity. Its a very subjective topic, so we need to see what the majority prefers.

-- Ed

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG

-- Ed
Just want to point out that despite those concerns with the slow downshift and and KR, I am not having the same issue as others with the throttle sensitivity.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Just want to point out that despite those concerns with the slow downshift and and KR, I am not having the same issue as others with the throttle sensitivity.
This sounds like an adaption issue to me.

-- Ed

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
just wanted to chime in as I switched to v2.51 (DSG) about 2 days after it's release, and I made early complaints about the throttle being really sensitive. On a slight inclined hill I take almost every day, the car wouldn't move on very little throttle input.. I pressed a bit more and the car just took off. I either trained myself out of it, or the car decided to finally work things out on it's own about 2 weeks later. Other than that early hiccup, the tune has been great.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I’m so confused haha, I saw all the rave reviews and upgraded from 2.50 (6MT, Stage 2 OTS) a few days ago and have had pretty much the exact opposite experience as most others – having never had any problems on previous versions driving at slow speeds, I now find it’s quite jerky, with odd surges of power (that I don’t get higher up in the revs). And when I blip the throttle in first with the clutch in (which I do a lot in stop and go traffic in NYC to keep it smooth if I’m rolling slowly and am about to let the clutch pedal out) then the revs jump super high – a tiny blip that used to take it to about 1100 now takes it up to 2000, and you can see there’s a kind of second automated blip happening after my foot has come off the throttle, which wasn’t there at all with 2.50. Also finding the throttle pedal much more sensitive than it was before... I feel like I’m having to be super cautious with my right foot so the car doesn’t take off like a scolded cat whenever I give a little gas, haha, so weird. I’ll keep re-learning how to drive my car for a few days and hopefully I’ll get used to it, otherwise I guess I’ll go back to 2.50. Anyone else experiencing anything like this, or am I losing it...?
I'm also on the beta 6MT update since this morning and my car has never felt so direct and yet linear and smooth, and the issue I was having with throttle blips at low speed is gone. Feels fantastic, couldn't be happier.