GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rebuild finished. Extra parts leftover?

DougD

I've just about finished reinstalling the engine in my 2011 GTI but have two things I can't figure out.....

The first is this connection/plug. Its the only one left and I don't see ANY other sensors, etc. that aren't connected. Yellow and brown wires (2) with a two pin connector.

the last is this plastic/rubber disc that ended up on the garage floor under the car???? Any ideas where it goes?

Attachments

• IMG-5181.jpg
    IMG-5181.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG-5182.jpg
    IMG-5182.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG-5184.jpg
    IMG-5184.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
A Water pump temp sensor connector? I believe CBFA engines have two on the water pump.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 68

AntiGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know what it is so I'm following along, but the rubber disk recently ended up on the floor of my garage. I did notice that it fits perfectly into one of the accessory pullies, but looking up the parts I don't see any dust boots. Please update if you figure it out.

DougD

I think you're correct. I noticed the same disc on the front of the AC compressor in other pix.....

And I think BudgetPhoenix is correct about the temp sensor. I swapped that connector out....and now have this one with no home......

Its located on the same harness as the Altenator and AC compressor wires.....but i don't see any open connection points?!?...... the 2 wires appear to be Orange and Red/violet..... any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-5198.jpg
    IMG-5198.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG-5199.jpg
    IMG-5199.jpg
    987.3 KB · Views: 54

AntiGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Confirmed. The rubber piece goes on the AC pulley. Checked while working on my wife's Tiguan today.