GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vagcom Power steering

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
I found it on some mk5 forum but I dont know if it can be apply on mk6.

- Yes you can change the steering assist from soft to hard, spread out over 7 adjustments, 0 to 6 (although I had always thought it was just 5 adjustments) 0 or 1 is tight, and 5 or 6 is loose, or the most assist.
I was going to finish this up, but my memory is not what it once was.
I'll add to this later, when I double check with my lap top.
(module 44 steering I believe)
Someone else will chime in if I don't get back to this.

I dug it out of my trunk...
Controller 44, Steering Assist, Adaptation, channel 1.
You will probably see a value between 2 and 5, or more likely it will be set to 3. Very stiff steering = 1, and a very light feel would = 5. These are changeable, so try it out and see how you like it.

(mine was 3, I went to 2, and drove it for two days, then I decided I liked 3 better)

Im gonna give it a try later. From what I heard, the power steering get more stiff with higher speed, simple % relative to speed and from what I heard, the power steering is totally off at about 65mph for better steering feeling. What u guys dont like is probably the steering wheel stiffness at low speed. I also heard that the power steering is the same as BMW use, probably just not set the same.

Servotronic

Servotronic offers true speed-dependent power steering, in which the amount of servo assist depends on road speed, and thus provides even more comfort for the driver. The amount of power assist is greatest at low speeds, for example when parking the car. At higher speeds, an electronic sensing system gradually reduces the level of power assist. In this way, the driver can control the car even more precisely than with conventional power steering. A number of automakers use Servotronic, including Audi, General Motors, BMW, Volkswagen, Volvo, SEAT and Porsche. Servotronic is a trademark of AM General Corp

I could be totally wrong on all the lines, anyone know more about it?

thx

P

plac

i remember that. hell i wouldnt mind easier steering tbh. hope it works.

you can also slightly adjust your speedo with the "distance impulse multiplier" in vagcom.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Yeah only 06's has the ability to alter it on the MKV. I do wonder if the MKVI can be changed..although I like it the way it is stock.

valj

Ready to race!
It is possible to adjust power steering.

By uploading software versions from Golf R, Audi RS3, Audi TT-RS etc using VAS-PC

I currently have the Audi TT-RS (Servotronic) steering software uploaded. The steering wheel is feather light at low speeds and loads up at higher speeds

Here is there speed dependancy chart from different VAG models:

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
More info Please
It is possible to adjust power steering.

By uploading software versions from Golf R, Audi RS3, Audi TT-RS etc using VAS-PC

I currently have the Audi TT-RS (Servotronic) steering software uploaded. The steering wheel is feather light at low speeds and loads up at higher speeds

Here is there speed dependancy chart from different VAG models:

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
More info Please
Yes .... +1

I'm interested where I could get the TTRS software .... My steering is rather boring.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Our Russian friend hasn't been here in 2 years...might try sending him a direct message.

1mk6gti

Hello guys. this is a bit late but I have a 2010 Golf mk6 gti EU specs and the steering is very hard, before the golf i had an audi a3 2007 and steering was so light. I changed the steering rack completely with electric motor but still heavy, then i saw the coding with vcds and tried to code it but the 07-Coding is not available. so i changed the channel 01 value, from 0 to 2 but i don't feel any difference at all. Is this the correct way or in the 2010 MK6 is not available? thanks !