GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
So.. just to bring this up again to stir up some emotions. @riceburner your car now with the updated shift points seems much faster then that EQT vortex video I posted many pages ago.
Here it is incase anyone missed it.
*and that car had a upgraded intercooler too*

Gpr

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI PP
So.. just to bring this up again to stir up some emotions. @riceburner your car now with the updated shift points seems much faster then that EQT vortex video I posted many pages ago.
Here it is incase anyone missed it.
*and that car had a upgraded intercooler too*
So, going from a Unitronic S2 on my GTI to the dtr6054 and a new intercooler I can expect to have a “Holy Sh👀t!” moment?

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
Anyone else here with a manual R have the DTR in yet? We're heavy on GTI's and DSG members it seems... with little data even there lol.

I've got the IC in but haven't had time on the turbo install yet. Considering before/after dynos. Best Dragy 0-60 (n00b launches here) is 4.85s, and 60-130 is 12.84s.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
So, going from a Unitronic S2 on my GTI to the dtr6054 and a new intercooler I can expect to have a “Holy Sh👀t!” moment?
Going from that to that, most certainly!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Seems*

Maybe it is?
Get a Dragy.

Fuck outta here. We don't do actual data in this thread, just shaky YouTube videos. Much easier to drive whatever narrative you want that way.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Following up - whatever happened with the guy who was complaining about the turbo whistle? I think at one point he thought he had a bad turbo..?
still here, i @ Arin@APR and he ignored me. i called apr and told them it whistles like crazy and they had no answer for me. its the worst part about this thing. if i knew it was going to sound like an f-250 i wouldnt of bought the thing

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Nothings wrong with it, mine sounds like an f250 as well. Therefore, normal lol

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Sounds like you need to add a borla xs muffler to it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Turbo muffler delete?

Nah, fam. He wants that turbo muffler addition 🤣

Tom/APR1

Ready to race!
The DTR does whistle a bit, that is very normal for an anti-surge housing, which it has. My car and all the DTR cars I have driven do it... I mostly only notice it when transitioning between vacuum and boost. If you've ever owned a 2.7T powered car it would be disconcerting because it meant the turbo lady was going to visit you (a joke if you have been around a while), but on this application it is normal.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
i @ Arin@APR and he ignored me.
Point of clarification: I didn't ignore you. I didn't see the post. This thread gets a ton of action - a ton of off topic action mind you, as do my alerts. I don't read all of it.

Whistle: No turbo muffler. Anti surge housing... It's all normal. See post above from Tom@APR. Ball bearing.