GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I feel like I have maybe 1 last opportunity to spend a lot on a car and then that'll be gone. If I get my car paid off and it's still worth around $40k then getting into something $55-65k won't be too hard. Maybe not smart, but it'll be fun.
Different strokes.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
CSB

Lost power early this afternoon. The transformer by my house. I now have courtesy of the power company a 100kw trailer genny in my yard just for my house. It even has a guy to watch it! With the holiday it may not be fixed until Tuesday. I had no clue they did this and the cost for an electrician to monitor it is way more than my monthly bill. It's fairly quiet at least

GolNat

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
CSB

Lost power early this afternoon. The transformer by my house. I now have courtesy of the power company a 100kw trailer genny in my yard just for my house. It even has a guy to watch it! With the holiday it may not be fixed until Tuesday. I had no clue they did this and the cost for an electrician to monitor it is way more than my monthly bill. It's fairly quiet at least

That’s some serious customer service!!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I had TTS in my sig as a possible next car for a bit, but I'm def not spending $60k on a car that has the same engine, or I dunno if it's the same but another 2L 4cyl at least. Kinda fallin in love with the TTRS though. I think I could rock one of those for a while. They're like at least $10k more than the supra though. The RS3 I can find close to supra prices, but I think I like the TTRS a lot more. The supra is still at the #1 spot. The dealership problem with these cars kinda worries me though. I think I'd be more comfortable with having to need repairs on an audi than a bmw that has to be fixed by toyota. S5 is at the end of the list. Nothing else really stands out for me. I looked at a bunch of used cars from $45-65k and there wasn't a thing I could add to my shortlist.

Audi 5 cylinder is one of my favorite engines. The Supra is a great middle ground.

As far as HP/$ goes it’s hard to beat the Americans. The new Mustangs are fast AF.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
CSB

The guy sits there 24/7 ??

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Once all this craziness with the economy is over, we're looking to pick up a 2013 base Boxster. My wife wants a date car and something to bebop around in. I miss having a P car around. I do remember the last 30k mile service I did on our old Boxster S though. Took me all day and felt like I disassembled half the the car. I'll take a slower 6 cylinder car over the newer 4 cylinder cars, even though they're faster.

Won't pay more than 30k though, and they're 40+k right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.