GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" & 18" Wheel Thread

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
My gangup email saying it was all sorted and ready to ship was the last one I got, no tracking one. May not be out yet who knows.

Same here. I never got a tracking number. They just showed up, which was fine by me!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Same here. I never got a tracking number. They just showed up, which was fine by me!
I'm going with coming from CA to VA, last time I bought wheels from them it took a lot longer than I would have thought so maybe they will show this week, just always like to get a tracking number either way.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm going with coming from CA to VA, last time I bought wheels from them it took a lot longer than I would have thought so maybe they will show this week, just always like to get a tracking number either way.
I got mine in Texas on Friday, just as a data point.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I got mine in Texas on Friday, just as a data point.
Have 4 255/40/17 Accelera 651 Sports in the garage ready to mount up!

BeeryTravler

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI SE
Woooo. Dang these things are light.

@APEXWheels you guys gotta up your free sticker game....

Attachments

• 20220907_095658.jpg
    20220907_095658.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 93

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Woooo. Dang these things are light.

@APEXWheels you guys gotta up your free sticker game....

Unfortunately, our stickers and plate frames are located at our office and not the warehouse, which doesn't allow us to easily throw them into orders as you might think.

That said, and this goes for everyone in this thread, if you email me a set of 5 HQ pictures of your new wheels mounted up I can arrange for a care package of stickers/Tshirt/plate frame to be sent out in return. Feel free to send those pictures to geirsen@apexraceparts.com with your original order number and your preferred T-shirt size. :cool:

-Geirsen

BeeryTravler

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI SE
Unfortunately, our stickers and plate frames are located at our office and not the warehouse, which doesn't allow us to easily throw them into orders as you might think.

That said, and this goes for everyone in this thread, if you email me a set of 5 HQ pictures of your new wheels mounted up I can arrange for a care package of stickers/Tshirt/plate frame to be sent out in return. Feel free to send those pictures to geirsen@apexraceparts.com with your original order number and your preferred T-shirt size. :cool:

-Geirsen
Sent! Thanks!

20220911_115035.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Apex VS-5RS 17x9/ET42, with Yokohama A052 255/40-17. 2017 Alltrack S on Silvers Neomax 10k/14k Swift springs (re-valved by Randy O’Brien), 034 ball joints, 25mm rear sway bar w/Moog end links. -3.7 front/-2.2 rear camber, zero toe.

Front fender screw mod was already done, and the front plastic fender cladding had been dremeled quite a bit as I had rubbing with 245/40-18 Falken RT-660’s on Enkei TS-10 18x8/ET45’s with the previous VWR wagon springs. No rubbing at all on the front with current suspension.

I drilled the rear passenger felt fender liner to move the screw a little to the right, which pulled the felt closer against the fuel filler. No rubbing at all.

Driver’s side rear rubbed on the plastic fender cladding, so I dremeled it similar to the front fenders. Passenger side rear cladding did not rub, but I dremeled some of it away, just to be sure.

Looking forward to Autocross this weekend.

View attachment 260499View attachment 260500View attachment 260501
Freakin' sick mate!!!!! Mine get here Wed and I'll have my guys mount them up!

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
6414F461-48D3-4EF1-8FB2-F1297DE45E29.jpeg

F88EDD1A-D0D2-4C1A-A5A1-A1063B6B4275.jpeg

Two more, just because… black doesn’t stay clean for long in the dusty desert. The ride has definitely improved going from a 19” wheel to a 17”. Also noticed launching it with the 255’s barely chirped the tires where before with the 235’s broke loose through second gear.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
17x9 Anthracite with 255/40 Accelera 651 Sports on my Sportwagen.

20220916_162913.jpg
20220916_165515.jpg
20220916_165459.jpg

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Are the metal snap rings in the center caps supposed to stay or go?