GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. oddspyke

Best Chicken Sandwich?

Wrong thread
  2. oddspyke

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...All Season Tires, Climate Change, Scams On Top Of Scams - Crimes Against Humanity

I'm mostly just giving Jay a hard time, he wanted to argue for 13 pages. And you're only partially right. Winter performance isn't made to operate above a certain temp range, but that also isn't the same as a snow tire. The temp range is dictated by the compound, whereas the snow rating has...
  3. oddspyke

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...All Season Tires, Climate Change, Scams On Top Of Scams - Crimes Against Humanity

Marketing team conference: "But who in their right mind will believe it's a winter tire?" "Well, people in Chicago think this is pizza, so....
  4. oddspyke

That's the just American manufacturers. European tires use aioli.
  5. oddspyke

Performance winter tires are just rebranded all seasons marketed at enthusiasts. Wide operating temperature band, stiffer sidewall, and more solid tread pattern that reduce snow handling capabilities? Sounds an awful lot like an all season tire...
  6. oddspyke

Delaware ftw! I wish I could afford to live where there are hills. Greeneville, Centerville, Rockland = 7 figure home prices.
  7. oddspyke

Your tires are filled with marinara, just like your disgusting pizza and your winter compound is as greasy as your crusts in our mid atlantic heat.
  8. oddspyke

I'm in. Winter tires are a deep state conspiracy. GTFO with your Chicago deep dish wheels.
  9. oddspyke

Yes, there are performance tires in each category and winter ones don't perform as well in warm temps as all seasons, and all seasons don't do as well as summers. At 20 degrees (or really anything below 40) winter performance tires will crush an all season. You live in Chicago, winter tires are...
  10. oddspyke

But are your rims mounted to anything? Like a set of spokes?
  11. oddspyke

Except performance all seasons out perform winter tires at temps above freezing.
  12. oddspyke

Good summer tires handle rain just fine too. All seasons have their place though. Where I live, it rarely snows and for about 1/3 the year it does wacky things like drop below freezing overnight, but get into the 40's or 50's during the day. Summer tires are like roller skate wheels at 25...
  13. oddspyke

Strike 1! Strike 2! Strike 3! You're out! The rim is the edge or outside of the wheel that mates with the tire. The middle is the disk/hub/"center". Rim + disk = wheel. If you ordered a "rim" from BBS, you'd just get the outside.
  14. oddspyke

Aliexpress or eBay, can't remember which. I'd dig up the order info for you, but the red is totally faded off already, so I don't think I'd recommend the ones I got. On the upside, they were like $15, so it's not a big loss. Edit: found them! Only $6.99, so really not worried they didn't last...
  15. oddspyke

The RSE122 does, the RSE142 is all 19's. Edit: worth noting that at 22lbs, they aren't super light, but still lighter than the factory boat anchors. The two styles are very similar, but the 122 is 18" 12 spoke, 142 is 19" 14 spoke. My 19x8.5 is actually a little lighter (20.5lbs)...
  16. oddspyke

Neuspeed is great, but see below: Everyone has RSE10s. Neuspeed makes tons of good options, I'd pick another wheel from them. I really like the fat lip on the rse122/142. He's my rse142's:
  17. oddspyke

Yeah, not a grilled cheese anymore. Does that mean it's ok to use mayo?
  18. oddspyke

Living in Chicago has clearly done something to your sense of taste...