GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. FocalPoint

Leaking intercooler pipe

toss in PCV related issues. Excessive oil builds in the intake track because of it.
  2. FocalPoint

New PCV revision requires ECM update?

Is this still accurate? I still have my original PCV but I replaced it with some garbage from China (likely) so I want to get OEM back on there.
  3. FocalPoint

So here's a new one... White smoke plume intermittently?

Probably accurate. Boost seems steady, and coolant is at level... so I'm not sure what else it could be if it's even smoke from my exhaust.
  4. FocalPoint

Ok so here's the VCDS report. Nothing major aside from the right rear speed sensor being dead/intermittent. The car was kept in storage for a while since I was traveling a lot for work. Lost my position, came home and started using it regularly, but I keep the trips short and sweet since I don't...
  5. FocalPoint

Alright so this happened twice today that I noticed. Both at lower speeds through a neighborhood with several stop signs. Mods are APR stg 2, catless downpipe, pipe/cone intake, APR clone intercooler, catback. Two times today I noticed that there was a large white plume of dust or smoke...
  6. FocalPoint

Just want to confirm my suspicions - GTI hatch not opening, mechanical whurring sound when pressing the emblem in.

Weird. My OEM one last me 8 years? This one only 2~ish. I'll look at OEM and OEM-like options if not tack on a square trade warranty or get a slightly used one.
  7. FocalPoint

Just want to confirm my suspicions - GTI hatch not opening, mechanical whurring sound when pressing the emblem in.

I figured. Fuck me for ordering shit off eBay. Gonna drop an order for a legit OEM one this time. The panel came off ok. The trick for me was to use the inner hatch pull down you're supposed to use to close it with the screws off, while applying pressure on the metal hatch. Seemed to separate ok.
  8. FocalPoint

Alright so I've had trouble with the POS hatch locking assembly maybe 2 years ago or so. Bought a cheapo part from China which was a mistake, after my hatch wouldn't lock properly. Drove around with a partially ajar hatch according to the MFD. So after installing this cheapo crap, I had the same...
  9. FocalPoint

Failing Waterpump Extended Warranty suit...

is it a bonus when you've already paid though? xD
  10. FocalPoint

Is there a legit way to replace the plastic covers on my xenon headlights?

I hear you dude, but replacing headlights on a near 10 year old car that cost $900+ on average new isn't feasible with two kids and other shit going on unfortunately. Fixing these up is the best I got. The plan is to net a better job or get a raise in the next year or two, ditch this car and buy...
  11. FocalPoint

Damn dude, good job. I don't think I can get that far down to get past all the little microfissures. I had my headlights 'professionally' resurfaced like 3 years ago with a groupon. probably a dumb move but oh well. with these results, maybe I could just resurface them though. what clear did you...
  12. FocalPoint

Not sure how accurate that is. They sell the lenses, and there's clearly retrofits around.
  13. FocalPoint

Projector Headlight Retrofit Project

Ouch! Hey let me know if you figure out a solution for this. My OEM xenons need new lenses so I want to explore options in doing that since wet sanding is out of the question.
  14. FocalPoint

My 9 year old xenons are great, except that they have disgusting amounts of build up and crazing (micro fissures) that likely can't be shaved down or polished off. Wondering if there's a viable way to replace the plastic entirely. I'd rather not spend $$$$$ on a whole new set just for aesthetics...
  15. FocalPoint

Only in regards to the coolant and any work done with the waterpump/radiator. If you're not at 80k miles yet, you wouldn't even need to show records.
  16. FocalPoint

Read it again, the waterpump is warrantied until 10yr/100k miles, but there's limitations on payout for any repair expenses you've incurred as a result of the failure or from a previous repair of the waterpump.
  17. FocalPoint

Sounds like it. Will need receipt, your insurance payment notice, and be within the mileage/year limitations since failure.
  18. FocalPoint

I mean a quick search and the years I've spent combing these forums says your situation is in the minority, but I think the benefit for you was swapping between several over the last 8~ years and not beating on the same one for too long. Check in with the new owners, see if they share the same...
  19. FocalPoint

It's a daily for when I wanna have a larger trunk than my new daily, but the plan is to fix it up and sell it. Unfortunately it's a toss up of putting in the effort and money on the old mule, vs messing with the new workhorse.