GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Auxiliary water pump fuse/relay

I have a P1927 code for Auxiliary engine coolant pump relay open circuit, and I cant seem to find an accurate diagram of the fuses or relays for my car to narrow down my search. I have a 2010 GTI DSG. Is the aux pump under a different control module all together and that's why I'm not seeing it...
  2. A

P1927 Auxiliary water pump relay ?

Right on man great info there, matches up with some of the vids I've been seeing. Appreciate the effort, all I gotta do is figure out which fuse is associated with the aux pump. I've heard it might be tied in with the fan control module🤔
  3. A

You rock dude ! I'll pick one up after work today, so grateful for people like you on this forum that interact with small posts and offer genuine help ✌.
  4. A

I've seen a couple youtube vids and it seems pretty straight forward on the process it self but a couple things to note, I haven't purchased/used a multimeter yet (but could get one relatively easily) and I don't know what to set it too or what numbers to look for when testing fuses/relays. I...
  5. A

I won't be able to start the car for a couple more days untill I'm done with the manifold and timing components. My only clue that something is problematic with the aux pump is from the P1927 auxiliary coolant pump relay open circuit code my OBDeleven showed when I also had the P2015 for the...
  6. A

What is this bolt ?

Just added it in there, my bad.
  7. A

What is this bolt ?

Scratch that, just did some epic research and found it to be a coolant flange. Now what are the bolts ???
  8. A

What is this bolt ?

Noticed there was a bolt missing from this pipe that runs from the engine block to the fire wall. Does anyone know what this pipe is so that I can hopefully look up the right bolt to replace it? There's 2 total bolts and I'm pointing to the top one that is missing. The bottom is a torx probably...
  9. A

Thank you for the input but unfortunately my fuse box is different from the one in the diagram you attached. I have a 2010 mk6 gti and I cant seem to find any diagram that accurately resembles mine. Do you have any suggestions ?
  10. A

I got a fault code P2015 for the intake manifold runner flap at the same time as this P1927 code for the auxiliary coolant pump. Currently I'm replacing the old tensioner in it as well as carbon cleaning since I had to replace the intake manifold, so I can't start it up, do you have any...
  11. A

My OBDeleven shows engine code P1927 "Auxiliary engine coolant pump relay". Does this mean the auxiliary pump is going bad or is it just something electrical like a fuse ? There's oil on the auxiliary pump and the sensor from a timing cover leak I'm repairing, could that effect the sensor or the...
  12. A

I've jumped to the dark side

I've been looking everywhere to figure out which bolt to order. Shopdap.com in their cam bridge section only has 2 different M6 T30 bolts listed, one of them is 16mm long and the other is 50mm long. It looks like the 50mm one is just the standard 6 that go into the cam bridge but where do I find...
  13. A

DIY: Timing chain, guides, & tensioner resources

What is the part number or size of this stretch bolt that goes through the camshaft bridge into the exhaust shaft? It seems that they're are 7 in total holding the bridge on. Cant seem to find it anywhere, shopdap and ecs have some hardware listed in the cam bridge section but none of them...
  14. A

Jerking and misfire with rough engine sound at low speed

Ya I'd appreciate that man and damn it sounds like you've had quite the luck lol you have DSG ?
  15. A

Ahh yes that seems like a possible cause of this issue. Just popped the hood and the sensor seems to have an oily sheen on it which I'm assuming is coming from my leaking upper timing cover. Wiped it off and I'll keep an eye on it till I replace the timing cover gasket. Fortunately I haven't had...
  16. A

That's looking rough for 68k, I'm really curious what mine's looking like at 91k 😬. Did you ever have a code, or is carbon build up more directly associated with driveability issues than a CEL?
  17. A

Did yours actually fail with a concrete diagnosis or was it replaced more for preventive maintenance? Also how many revisions are there for the manifold that would fit our cars so I can narrow down a potential future purchase?
  18. A

How much did you pay ? And is that also when you swapped manifolds ?
  19. A

And yes, from what I've read having the older style tensioner is driving on borrowed time and should be swapped out ASAP. I learned this shortly after getting the car but still haven't popped the inspection plug to see if it's the old style. I even have a new plug incase I distort the one that's...
  20. A

Thankfully a majority of the cost was covered under the aftermarket warranty on the car, and the returning to the same shop felt justified at first, thinking that if they're the ones that have already been paid to fix a problem then they should finish what they started. The labor was free under...