GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Why do my tires have rubbing on the outside?

Like title say, no matter how often I air my tires up to the mfr rec pressure, 38psi, my front tires always have a ring around them like so: Just rotated and cleaned them then after the first drive, the rubbing is back. They're conti dws06 225/40zr18. Should I run a higher pressure?
  2. C

Squirrels snacking on fender liners

This is the second day in a row I have come out to my car and there are small pieces of felt and acorn shells under and around my rear passenger wheel well. I just recently had to start parking outside. We just got thru 3 days of rain so im sure they were camping out under the car. Any one have...
  3. C

Tensioner pulley and belt wear

So just jumped in the car, gti with 67k miles, to go run a quick errand. When first started i heard a loud whine under hood. Popped the hood and the whine was coming from the belt area. Had to go quick so I left and when I got back home, I decided to look a bit closer. The belt has a wear...
  4. C

Hot Rear Brake

Noticed yesterday while washing the car that when water hit the driver rear brake rotor/caliper that water was steaming/boiling off. This did not happen on the other three corners. Drove home and grabbed by laser thermometer. LF,RF,RR brakes all came in around 113-118f, but the LR (driver...
  5. C

Any VW mk2 knowledge out there?

Hey all, this is x-posted from vortex but either way, Last friday when I pulled into our garage at work, my 1992 gti started making a strage whirring, almost grinding noise, when i was decelerating. Parked the car all day. When I go to leave, it's still happneing. It was pretty loud going down...
  6. C

Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine question

So i have been reading lots of reviews and watching numerous comparison videos on the new Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine. https://www.turtlewax.com/en-us/our-products/ice/turtle-wax-ice-seal-n-shine/ Stuff looks good, especially at the price point. ($6.00 on Amazon) But one thing i'm not...
  7. C

How will DP work with current tunes?

I'm picking up a cheap catless dp this weekend, but am curious if my current tune files will work with it or if i'm going to need adjustment (probably i'm thinking). Current setup on car: -Cobb Airfilter (stock airbox) -Beluga CBE -Cobb AP with Stratified Tunes for 91 and 93 oct In anyone's...
  8. C

Car for the kid

So my kid has turned 16 and is begging for a car. Got her a job finally. Found the following vehicle local to us: 2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 3VWSC29M3YM181716 Auto, FWD, 2.0 4 cyl (non turbo i'm guessing) 101,963 miles 3 Owner, clean title, clean carfax Asking $1,900 Anything I need to be...
  9. C

Using Different Pipe for Intake

I've searched and cannot find any info on this but am curious, can I use a VWR Intake (on sale on ECS) with a different manufacturer of the rear intake pipe? Saw that the VWR intake was on sale and I've always looked at that but was curious as to why it doesn't come with a rear pipe like almost...
  10. C

Buying tires...suggestions?

I picked up a screw in my rear tire the other day, and it just so happened to hit right on the sidewall side of the crown :mad: and after looking at the rest of the tires, its time to replace them all. Currently I have Pirelli P Zero Nero AS on them. These were the tires that came on the car...
  11. C

ce4's CSG

Starting this build log to help document my journey into my GTI. After getting bit by the VW bug in April 2016 (girlfriend bought her first VW, 2016 Tiguan), I decided it was time for me to make the change to. Traded in my 2005 Chevrolet Colorado in July 2017 (bought new in 2005, 193k miles...
  12. C

Tax Time, extra money and opinions

So I am fairly new to the GTI world. Grew up in mini-trucks and hot rods. I've had my 13 csg gti since July 2017. The mod bug has been itching and now it's time to scratch. We just got our taxes did and are gonna have some spare cash. Girlfriend has given me the green light to do "some...
  13. C

GTI Love on Jalopnik/VW Coming Home 2017

Found this article on Jalopnik this morning.... https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-it-was-like-at-a-mind-blowing-volkswagen-gti-1819102832 BTW....MK6 FTMFW :icon_secta:
  14. C

Ecstuning.com not loading?

Any one else, android users, having issues loading Ecstuning.com on their phones? Come home to relax in my favorite spot....near the bedroom...and the page wont load. Can't even access the contact us...only flash downloads. Hmmmmmm.....
  15. C

Multiple GTIs spotted this weekend 435/KCMO

Hey all, new to the forum and reside in Lee's Summit. Was running down 470w to the Triangle to 435w and encountered some GTIs. Was running in a bit of a convoy for a while, United Gray Mk6 infront, me in the middle with CSG Mk6 and a Reflex Silver Mk7 behind. Hope to see more of you around!!
  16. C

MDI Cable question for USB

So I have an older generation iPod (30pin) and I want to be able to control it from the factory headunit. I'm not sure which one I have but it's in a 2013 GTI DE. If I get the female USB mdi cable, will I still be able to use/control/charge the iPod with the 30pin/USB cable or will this only...
  17. C

New Member...100% VW committed now, what's next?

Hello all!! My name is Justin and been lurking on this forum for bit now and decided to join. Just a bit of a quick backstory: Been driving the same truck for 12 years now, 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Xtreme. Bought it brand new in 2005 and now just shy of 200k miles. I just took a new job that...