GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Drivability Issues on First Test drive

I finally got my wire connection issues sorted and have my 2011 gti cranked and running/idling nicely. The problem occurs when I start to accelerate for my test run. The car starts performing as normal as i let out the clutch, but once i get past the initial off-idle acceleration, the engine...
  2. D

Rebuild finished. Extra parts leftover?

I've just about finished reinstalling the engine in my 2011 GTI but have two things I can't figure out..... The first is this connection/plug. Its the only one left and I don't see ANY other sensors, etc. that aren't connected. Yellow and brown wires (2) with a two pin connector. the last...
  3. D

What's inside of the new updated chain tensioner....

I'm replacing the timing chain tensioner on my 2011 gti and allowed the plunger to come out of the unit. While looking on the shop floor for the spring and plunger i also found a ball bearing. I'm wondering if it belongs in the tensioner unit like a check ball, or if it doesn't belong at...
  4. D

2011 gti topend rattling/knocking

Please help me figure out what’s going on with my 2.0tsi. I did the top end after a timing chain failure. New exhaust valves, tension era, guides etc etc. now after about 100 miles of break in I’m getting a terrible metallic knock/ticking in the top end towards the fuel pump/trans end on the...
  5. D

Rebuilt Top End After Timing Chain failure, Now Have Strange Noises....

Hi All. I was recently given a 2011 GTI because the timing chain jumped, etc.etc. I pulled the engine and had the head reworked, new exhaust valves, timing chain set from ECS, gaskets etc. also replaced the dual mass manual clutch and disc. Got everything back together and it fired up and...