GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

Paint On Mirror Casing Keeps RIPPLING!

It must have been a defective mirror cap, or the shop simply redid the old cap and hoped it would work. I'll have to find some way to do something about it . . . if my mother lets me.
  2. V

Interesting . . . I had no idea. I don't know if it is the original cap. The accident, which occurred in December 2015, banged up my front end and never touched the cap, but I don't know if the shock waves from the accident caused the original rippling. (They might have caused the buckling in my...
  3. V

P.S. I posted about my original paint ripple five years ago. The fact that it happened again is what really vexes me.
  4. V

I have what may be a unique problem. A few years ago I noticed that the paint on my right rearview mirror casing was rippling, but I got it fixed. I'd had the car in the shop after an accident, and I thought that the guys at the body shop had something to do with it, because it looked fine...
  5. V

Sticky Hatch Door

I had wanted to go to a local mechanic within walking distance of my house, but when i went there to get my car looked at, the mechanics were wearing no PPE - no face coverings, no gloves - and I did not want them working on my car when they wouldn't keep themselves protected in the middle of a...
  6. V

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

I pretty much drive it to the post office to mail things now That's all, thanks to this pandemic.
  7. V

Sticky Hatch Door

Sorry, everyone, for getting back to you so late, but the problem has been fixed. A new mechanism in the hatch door was the problem, so I had it replaced - for nearly nine hundred dollars! It works better than the original one did before it broke! Glad that's over.
  8. V

Hatch unlocks but won't open

Thanks for the tip! :)
  9. V

I haven't ruled that out.
  10. V

COVID. My mother is afraid I'd catch it if I tried to get it fixed over the winter.
  11. V

Omigosh, I should have sought out this thread before starting one on a similar (exact same?) issue! My rear hatch door gets stuck every now and then when I try to open it with the key fob, and the interior unlocking button doesn't seem to open it anymore. I'm hoping that the necessary repair...
  12. V

Hatch Will Not Open

I'm having a similar problem. The hatch sometimes sticks, and right now I can only open it with the key fob. The owner's manual explains how to open it with the key fob and with the emblem but it doesn't say anything about opening it form the interior unlock button, although I've been able to...
  13. V

Sticky Hatch Door

It appears that way. It worked for a few days but now I can't unlock it from the inside and the remote only works part of the time.
  14. V

Sticky Hatch Door

My second remote doesn't work. The hatch struts look all right. The fob doesn't have a problem unlocking the passenger doors, but I just tried opening the hatch from the interior button, and it got a little stuck then, too.
  15. V

Sticky Hatch Door

I started having problems with my hatch door today. I clicked on the key fob button to open the hatch door and it took three tries to get the latch to operate and open it when I pushed my fingers into the rear VW emblem. If I want to get the door to open properly, or at least get a chance that...
  16. V

It looks like my stalling problem is finally fixed!

After the CEL came on following another stall and a constant bucking of the engine, my dealer replaced the cam sensor and ignition coil for free and reset the codes. My car runs much more smoothly now, and it just passed a crucial test. I had to stop for a red light on a steep upgrade, and the...
  17. V

Bucking and Kicking

My car has gone from hesitating and stalling intermittently while at a stop to hesitating and bucking at a stop and while on the road. I can actually feel the car shudder as if I'm on rough pavement even when the road is perfectly smooth. I don't like where this is headed. On the other hand...
  18. V

Popular Mechanics: Why the Average New-Car Dealership Hates Selling to Enthusiasts

I'm just glad I only wanted a base Golf and not a Golf GTI when I last bought a car!
  19. V

No more Golf R's :(

The R will be back in 2021.
  20. V

Cloth on driver's seat

The cloth fabric on my driver's seat has lasted better than the cloth on my old Mk4's driver's seat, but I have recently noticed some light fraying on edge of the left bolster. Also, the left cushion bolster is all caved in - is that common with Mk6 Golf seats. Any advice on where to take it...