GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

ASTRID - SCCA TT National Tour & Time Attack Build

That trailer life spoils you 😅 You could always rent a U-haul trailer if you have no where to store one. That said, I don’t blame you for wanting your own so you can set it up exactly how you want it.
  2. R

Ronnie_B's 2013 GTI - K04 Track Day Build

Finally took the plunge and decided to upgrade to a k04. Went with APR, as I wanted something track proven and reliable. Install proved to be challenging, after the coolant inlet banjo fitting didn’t hold vacuum before coolant refill. Ended up pulling the turbo back out because the fitting is...
  3. R

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

Brake pads are one of those things that can be expensive and frustrating to test. So once you find a setup that works, its just easier to stick with it. I’m running G-loc R12 front and R8 rear, which are basically the equivalent to Carbotech XP12/XP8.
  4. R

Few shots from the 2nd event of the year at VIR. Set a new PB at 2:14:90. Next event will not be on the stock turbo if everything goes as planned. 😏
  5. R

Ok, that’s about what I’m getting.
  6. R

How many days you getting out of the XP12’s?
  7. R

The only negative I can think of with the Schroth Quick-Fits would be that you have to tighten down the lap belt portion pretty tight to keep the shoulder belts from pulling on it. This is simply inherent to the 4-point design, where you don’t have a 5th or 6th belt to pull down. Honestly, this...
  8. R

First track event of the season is in the books. Car just did phenomenal. The ST40 BBK is a game changer and I found myself threshold braking much later, and I also had better pedal modulation for trail braking. The added camber of the GC plates allowed me to carry more speed through the...
  9. R

Picked up a spare set of track wheels so I can swap wheels/tires as needed. These are Motegi MR145 Traklites, 17x8.5 ET42 with 225/45R17 Nitto NT01s.
  10. R

Hit 100k yesterday after 8yrs of ownership. Still love this car.
  11. R

Oh nice, yeah I’ve signed up for the Southern Fried HPDE event in the past, and I believe it was cancelled. I’ll keep the Sept VIR in mind and may try to make that.
  12. R

Will definitely post once I get some seat time with them. I got the Quick Fit Pro vs the less expensive standard Quick Fit so I have the option to run a HANS device later. Here’s my schedule so far: Mar 22-23 VIR Trackdaze April 17-18 VIR Trackclub May 22-23 Summit Point Shenandoah Trackdaze...
  13. R

Last addition before track season officially kicks off in 2 weeks... Went with a Schroth Quick Fit Pro, which uses the factory attachment points. Excited to try this on track.
  14. R

I don't believe the rotors are further inset, I just think it's a combination of the additional thickness of the rotors and the additional negative camber I'm running (-3*) which causes the decreased clearance.
  15. R

One quick follow up to the ST40 BBK install, I’ve been trying to track down a rubbing sound while cornering at certain speeds. Thought it was tire rub, and it turns out the ball joint on the right side was just barely touching the inside of the brake rotor. I had heard that there may be...
  16. R

Any Track Rats Still Active?

I can vouch for the AD08r running extremely wide for it’s size, really surprised me and switched over to 8.5” wheels so the tires weren’t pinched.
  17. R

I frequent the mk7 track forums because it’s pretty active. I agree that it would be nice to just combine these to gather a larger audience.
  18. R

Jesus, yeah I'd say it's time for new tires. My recommendation would be zero toe in the front and slightly positive toe in the rear (.125) just to keep the back end from coming around more than you want. You'd be amazed how little the rear brakes actually do on track, so it's not surprising you...
  19. R

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure *ON A BUDGET* (less than $1k)

I'd recommend hooking up an analog mechanical gauge so you can see any fluctuations, whereas a digital readout would be hard to read changes in readings.
  20. R

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure *ON A BUDGET* (less than $1k)

I would expect a broken valve spring to cause misfires as the RPMs increase, but can sometimes run find at idle...which is the opposite of the problem you're experiencing. Have you hooked up a vacuum gauge to see what your readings are throughout the RPM band?