GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. zef

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

This. Zeckhausen is the man. I don't care if I can get it elsewhere less expensive.
  2. zef

ASTRID - SCCA TT National Tour & Time Attack Build

Powder coater is holding up the process at the moment, but as soon as the roll bar and sunroof delete panel come back, the car should be good to go. Some pictures from the custom downpipe with a titanium dump tube. Downpipe has a removable section to swap in a cat for emissions when needed...
  3. zef

Franco516 // Tornado Red Big Turbo GTI // Build Thread?

Car looks legit man! Seems like yesterday the car was in the body shop getting the whole side of the car replaced
  4. zef

Any Track Rats Still Active?

I like having faded calipers - like a badge of honor. Shows that the car is used in a proper and functional manner.
  5. zef

More pics from Swoops yesterday added to the front page. Made safety improvements to the autopower 'bolt in' roll bar. Swapped the bolts for interlocks and had 6x6x1/8" plates welded in which are many times stronger than the backing plates provided by autopower. I've gotten feedback already that...
  6. zef

Updated & cleaned up mod list. Car will be done next week... As if I'm already fully committed to this project as it is...I'm off to go buy a pick up truck today. My brother-in-law inherited from his father a 2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax with 75,000 miles on it. Never drove it in the winter...
  7. zef

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

So jealous. I'm itching to get out so bad.
  8. zef

ASTRID Product Review: ECS Tuning Aluminum Radiator

Absolutely. Given it's a fraction of the cost, it makes it a no-brainer. There is no performance advantage to the Tyrolsport that I believe justifies spending an additional $1,000. No disrespect to Tyrolsport because they make incredible products, but you can't ignore the cost/benefit ratio.
  9. zef

Thank you! Yep. Time Attack is an expensive hobby... next car project is gonna be a GLTC gridlife car...about a fraction of the cost lol I asked him to weigh it when he had a chance. It feels a little lighter but not by much. If you don't extend it to include the coolers it would definitely...
  10. zef

Big stuff happening at SwoopsBuilt...
  11. zef

What did you do to your MK6 today?

^ what he said. CJM has a center vent pod and a driver side vent pod that directly faces the driver.
  12. zef

What did you do to your MK6 today?

How do you like that spot for your gauges? Can you see the boost ok or does it require you to peek over to see?
  13. zef

How to mix e85 in GTI

This pretty much summed it up. E30 is more or less the max on the factory fuel system. Make sure you replace your fuel filter and confirm its the updated 6.6 bar.
  14. zef

Diverter valve possibly whistling?

Also - check the diaphragm on your PCV. If that tears it could produce a whistling sound as well.
  15. zef

Diverter valve possibly whistling?

I am curious what you tried searching because this issue is asked very frequently, but yes, it's the diaphragm inside the diverter valve that tore or is otherwise damaged. The GFB DV+ was the go-to, but when turbosmart released their 'kompact' plumb-back DV I would say that's the preferable one...
  16. zef

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Nexen Sur4g tires are on closeout on tirerack. $400 for a full set. Not a trophy winning tire but it's decent and great if you're just looking for something to get on track with.
  17. zef

My 1 of 1 aero package from FS Performance Engineering is here! Can't recommend Costas @ FSPE enough. Truly top notch people to work with.
  18. zef

It's a one off, but they are developing a 'track' focused splitter as well!
  19. zef

We'll see - the turbo is well capable of exceeding the stock block. No AWD swap needed.