GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. torga

What did you do to your MK6 today?

No sense in spending any more money than you have to, tbh. To quote Dom Toretto on the 20th Anniversary of The Fast and the Furious, "Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."
  2. torga

2021 Formula 1 Season

I meant Perez going off track. He apparently exceeded track limits during his overtake on Bottas. But nothing was done about it.
  3. torga

2021 Formula 1 Season

I figured that was a no brainer. I read that they left him out because they were actually reasonably positive that Perez would get a penalty from passing Bottas, because he went off the track a little bit. But the penalty never came.
  4. torga

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

They call me the meat man, AKA Arby's, AKA torga the butcher, AKA thicc bihh
  5. torga

2021 Formula 1 Season

George Russell has entered the chat. It took him a few races to get up to speed with the machinery, but we might be looking at another Vettel/Webber pair. What's left to know is how Perez's ego compares to Webber's.
  6. torga

i.e. the cheapest alloy that meets spec 😂
  7. torga

I'm already rolled in the rear, mang. 18x8.5 +43 with 235/40 and I'm tryna run as close to stock camber as I can.
  8. torga

I'm having the same problem. I had no rubbing in the rear until suddenly, I did. So I got down there and tweaked the camber and fixed the issue for a while... now I've got rubbing again.
  9. torga

2021 Formula 1 Season

It was Spain all over again! What a great last few laps, preceded by some excellent suspense. Man, two excellent races in a row! And a three-peat for RBR! And Norris, just wow. Clearly the best of the rest, even clearing Bottas at the moment in the standings. Edit: confused Bahrain and Spain
  10. torga

Camera storage

I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I've always gotta be ready for rain. 4/5, it's just a light mist and nothing to really worry about, especially if your gear is WR. The downpour I mentioned was very atypical and the only reason I was out in it was because I was hiking and it was a good 30-45...
  11. torga

Camera storage

Thanks! I have only visited fujixweekly so far. The 35/1.4 isn't waterproof, but it can certainly stand up to a little bit of moisture. My friend had his out in the snow while we walked around one day. It got snowed on plenty and nothing bad happened. I still won't take too many risks, though.
  12. torga

Camera storage

Oh yeah, for sure. When I took the lens off, there was a small amount of moisture on the metal portion of the mount, but nothing crazy. My 16-80 is WR, but my 35 is not.
  13. torga

I need to finally get off my ass and do the Super Pin, since it's the only thing that's missing. I've got everything else that DG offers. I just don't have a drill. Even with the metal bushings? Eh, I guess I don't live somewhere hot anymore. In the summer, it's 90F for maybe 3 days here and...
  14. torga

Camera storage

I've got an X-H1, too! Absolutely love the ergonomics. My friend let me borrow his X-T4 for a weekend -- which is what sold me on Fuji -- but I found the grip lacking. Love the chunkiness of this body -- feels like I can't hurt it. I had it out in a downpour last weekend and I was able to just...
  15. torga

Definitely thinking I'm gonna swap that first and see what happens.
  16. torga

I've been suspecting some thermostat or coolant temp sensor shenanigans for a little while (coolant temp needle drops every now and again while driving, then comes back up to nominal). No leaks, no burning coolant, no overheating -- so I wasn't in a rush to deal with it. I put in a new...
  17. torga

Refresh kits worth it

I pieced together my own "refresh kit" along with rebuilt coils and it felt like a new car. But like some are saying... I had over 130k miles when I did this.
  18. torga

Coolant leak and check engine lights

You're likely correct that the shops are taking the manifold into account. But you do not have to remove the intake manifold to replace the water pump. Totally possible without doing this. All you have to do is remove the throttle pipe, throttle body, and aluminum manifold support bracket.
  19. torga

Yeah, y'all aren't wrong. But the screw is barely a buck and it's a nice QOL thing to not have to realign a rotor.
  20. torga

Thumper's 2012 Stg 3 Golf R - The Defiant

To be fair, I'm pretty certain most pads dust quite heavily during initial break-in, even if they say "low dust". The last few pads I've broken in were always worse at first.