GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Thumper

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Paint the TSI red now build on the red from the intake for some extra bling. :)
  2. Thumper

Changed new brake pads on my mk6 GTI… they look like..

Didn't realize you had a shop do it, so yeah first suggestion would be take it back. If that's what they're telling you, hope it works out. The pads are clearly not making contact with that portion of the rotor. I've done tons of brake jobs and never seen that without an issue. Did the rust...
  3. Thumper

Changed new brake pads on my mk6 GTI… they look like..

Either you have the wrong size pad somehow (not big enough), unlikely since it does look like there are scrape marks in the rust.......or the calipers are binding and not pressing the pad evenly. Did you lube/grease the slide pins? Did the piston slide back in evenly?
  4. Thumper

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Yeah, both the tires and the pads were decided on as a compromise as I was expecting to still need to drive it to work once a week, and then right after they were installed.......I got a work at home job. I just need them to last for two more weekends this year and then I'll be warrantying the...
  5. Thumper

Anyone else mining Ethereum? - Update: Ethereum mining guide included in third post

Yeah, I guess I can't mine ETH with a 4GB card, thought it would just be slow but it won't work at all, elitist's. LOL So I am mining DOGE instead (come on Elon!!!), who knows if it pans out (pun intended) I may convince the wife to let me grab a 3070 and diversify more. 😄
  6. Thumper

Thumper's 2012 Stg 3 Golf R - The Defiant

Well, got the front wheels off to inspect the brakes and make sure the brake warning that came up on day 2 was not a real concern. Found two major concerns. #1 - Previous owner CUT the connector off the harness to the wear sensor. The wires were twisted together and wrapped in electrical...
  7. Thumper

That's the plan next year, want to try to find some 17"s that clear the factory brakes and go with a dedicated track tire. The way I was hammering into corners the second day when the EBC Yellows started to give out I guarantee they were overheated. Is there much camber adjustment in the...
  8. Thumper

All right track experts, what's my issue? LOL Brand new Pirelli P Zero PZ4s, 1000 road miles and 2 track weekends on them and, well, they don't look good. RIGHT FRONT It's hard to see but the center tread is worn unevenly, in fact it is almost touching the wearbar! I was getting pretty...
  9. Thumper

Anyone else mining Ethereum? - Update: Ethereum mining guide included in third post

I just bought $50 of Doge on Coinbase last week. Just in time for it to dip, along with every other BC thanks to the Fed, set back my IBM stock too, damn government. lol FYI, I can't get T-Rex to work, it says failure to connect retry in 10 seconds, and then it just keeps failing to connect...
  10. Thumper

FEELER: Used APR Cat back exhaust system - MK6 Golf R - $400

Have had several people contact me with interest so far so I will close this feeler for now as it will be August before I am ready to move forward but based on interest I will sell the system instead of having the mufflers cut out in a custom build.
  11. Thumper

New "Federal" CA Auto Emissions Standards Coming Next Year?

Is it? Because CA bans intakes unless the company pays millions to buy off the CARB board, and current administration thinks CA is just the right track to take us all down. And if you think insane noise limits are not coming after or right before the "all EV" push they are doing you're in lala...
  12. Thumper

New "Federal" CA Auto Emissions Standards Coming Next Year?

You don't get out much, this is just NORMAL. There is no common sense and there is no satire anymore. The stupidest thing you can think of some idiot out there thinks it's right on.
  13. Thumper

Wish I had a 3d Printer. Have been close to dipping my toe for a while, the Ender's are not bad on price but I can never move it from a "That's cool I want one" to the "I must have this above all other projects" LOL...
  14. Thumper

Oh man, I am ordering some of these soon!! In my garage it doesn't matter how bright the bulb is, it's a single bulb and it's near the back wall, so good luck seeing anything up front. I was about to daisy chain extension cords to hang a few HF single bar LEDs but this is so much better!
  15. Thumper

FREE MK6 GTI MONSTER MATS & YELLOW CALIPER PAINT KIT BATON ROUGE PICKUP ONLY

If you want to ship the caliper paint I'd pay shipping and something extra for your trouble. I'll be tackling that soon and just decided on that color. lol
  16. Thumper

Getting the bigger turbo, how would you do it?

110% agree here, you're going to be throwing a heck of a lot of more power and torque out of the engine, it's going to want to move and you don't want that. First problem is the hop issues, bigger issue is the stock mounts will wear out and then it's even sloppier plus replacing them again.
  17. Thumper

An engineer.......who says "That's good enough...." :unsure: ;) There's shitty everything, the trick is to find the good ones and toss them business.
  18. Thumper

Downpipe and Emissions

This is a question with many variables. Any list you make will invariably be inaccurate due to reporting errors and changing guidelines. What state's emissions? They all vary in what they test and what the parameters are. Some have a visual inspection which is a flat out no. For which...
  19. Thumper

Yeah, that's why I do my own surgeries too. :D
  20. Thumper

burger motorsports

These tuner boxes are big in the BMW world, different ECU design of course, etc but yeah indirect control can never achieve the same result as direct access. I'm no stranger to doing things different and finding new solutions, but usually that is in trying to find a better way. I'm not sure...