GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Joe_Mama

Choosing Motor Mounts!

034 mounts are trash. ive seen them blow out on mk7s after only 15-20k miles. x4 for BFI mounts
  2. Joe_Mama

Rattle in brake/gas pedals

They aren't hard to replace and a shop shouldn't charge you too much. Any car with 120k miles is gonna be coming up on needing new mounts and suspension components. These engine mounts especially are quite soft from the factory. They pretty much turn to jelly
  3. Joe_Mama

APR vs Unitronic stage 1 tune, which is better

APR uses higher boost to get power Uni does more timing advancement. Either one is fine.
  4. Joe_Mama

Engine mounts.
  5. Joe_Mama

How many miles? Your mounts are probably worn
  6. Joe_Mama

Mk6 head unit

MIB II is the best you can get I believe
  7. Joe_Mama

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Forget the price, or the quality. The fact that FCP will give you a brand new turbo no questions asked if it blows up 10 years from now should be the deciding factor. For real. CTS warranty is probably a year. edit: yeah its a year. but yeah you cant beat borgwarner. Guess who makes the mk8...
  8. Joe_Mama

Are you insane? Borg warner is OEM and way better quality than anything CTS makes. It also has a literal lifetime warranty. You would have to be an idiot to go with CTS.
  9. Joe_Mama

Timing Chain Tensioner Failure

if I recall right, this dude had the same problem and went with a valve replacement kit and was happy. read through this thread and see what you find https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/rebuilding-a-2-0-tsi-after-timing-failure-on-a-budget-less-than-1k.369736/
  10. Joe_Mama

OEM parts only for stuff like this, absolutely. In fact, if that timing kit you ordered isn't an OEM kit, I would just return it unopened and get the OEM kit. the aftermarket chains are junk
  11. Joe_Mama

You could just buy a CF hood from China like @uglybastard . no respray required
  12. Joe_Mama

It isnt impossible but it is highly unlikely. Prepare yourself
  13. Joe_Mama

I would just call it patina and call it a day
  14. Joe_Mama

FCP Euro Borg Warner K04 - $1400 CTS-X Hybrid Turbo - $2000
  15. Joe_Mama

Dude... i commuted for like half a year 45 miles each way behind fracking trucks on a two lane highway and my front end looks nothinglike that. Ive even off roaded my GTI a few times... wth you doing to that thing throwing handfuls of gravel at it in your driveway?
  16. Joe_Mama

Did you go ali express/ebay for that or did you buy it from ECS or whatever
  17. Joe_Mama

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

That is a hybrid turbo and as far as I know, no tuner has OTS tunes for a hybrid turbo, you have to go custom tuning route to take advantage of it.
  18. Joe_Mama

Uh... ok? i already said that So youre evading whether or not you were driving on the old tensioner so ill just assume you were. In that case, like I said before you most certainly have bent valves. Just because you cant visually see the bend doesn't mean it isn't there. You can buy new...
  19. Joe_Mama

So you knew about the tensioner problem and decided to not address it? If it was the old tensioner, it definitely let go and you definitely jumped timing and you definitely have bent valves. Yes the car can run with bent valves if they aren't bent severely. You jumped in and bought all new...