GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GIACUser

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Jay Smokes Pot While Laughing At Everyone In This Thread

Well said, everything written on these social media sites does not need to be discarded entirely but unfortunately hoaxes, false and misleading information make up the bulk of information found on these sites making it very difficult and or cumbersome to validate just about everything you read...
  2. GIACUser

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Jay Smokes Pot While Laughing At Everyone In This Thread

Posting a copy of a tweet to argue a point - really? Don’t believe most of what you read on Twitter, Facebook and the rest as they know enough about you to keep feeding you info, true or false to keep you online. The longer you stay online and click, the more they know about you. That info is...
  3. GIACUser

Your post is indeed more evidence that Covid is mutating and forging ahead while we quibble over masks and vaccines. I think it is also important to point out that the folks who are fully vaccinated ( full dosage with time to build antibodies ) are doing considerably better than folks who have...
  4. GIACUser

Agreed, many people have worn masks for years and adjust to them just fine. I wear one because I want to protect others in the event that I am contagious and don’t know it yet. I got the vaccine to protect my own health and anyone I might come in contact with. If for nothing else I would gladly...
  5. GIACUser

FS: 2013 Golf R 2 door - Rising Blue - SoCal

Still available?
  6. GIACUser

You Can Keep Your Electric Vehicles

There is no other production car even close at the moment. Yes, there are tube framed highly technical drag cars that can only drive straight a 1/4 mile at a time that are faster.
  7. GIACUser

2.4 mil but all new tech starts out that way. Eventually the tech will trickle down to the masses and we will eventually see affordable fast electric cars.
  8. GIACUser

Rimac Nevera 1900hp 8.52 1/4mi 258mph top speed
  9. GIACUser

New engine - Mk 6 Golf R

Dealer would only put a new turbo in, they don't rebuild stuff. Best to send out to SoCal Porting and they will do rebuild and coating. SoCal Porting
  10. GIACUser

Help! Fuel cut issue

You car has a lot of miles on it and by design the engine recirculates evap oil from crankcase (part of emissions) to burn them off. It is a small amount of oil vapors but over time it will condense and fall into tubing and intercooler and collect. And yes as the turbo ages after zillions of...
  11. GIACUser

APR Stage 3 GTX Cut Out

Wow 4 years of storage. Was this car started and run regularly during that time? If not, was the car put away in dry, temp controlled storage? If not started regularly, did you fill up the gas tank before storing it? Yes logging is the answer. However there are common issues with long term...
  12. GIACUser

New engine - Mk 6 Golf R

Congrats on your upcoming repair, sounds like it will be done with the right parts. Turbo blanket is to keep hot side hot and the engine bay cooler. The more heated the hot side the quicker the flow out to the exhaust. I had one on my K04. Meh. Blankets and wrapping get moisture under them and...
  13. GIACUser

Help! Fuel cut issue

A popular rebuild shop here in SoCal charges 300 for rebuild plus shipping. Lots of folks from all over send turbos here for rebuild. SoCal Porting link. I would recommend that you remove and clean all piping between turbo and intake manifold, along with the intercooler and clean out all the...
  14. GIACUser

master water/meth discussion thread

2 Snow system with a controller and 2 nozzle system as you describe is what I ran with my K04 setup. Worked fantastic. Ran it daily for 4 years on a 100oct tune with 91 in the tank. After 4 years looked at my valves and they were just as carboned up as other cars not running w/m. It didn't do...
  15. GIACUser

master water/meth discussion thread

x2 on getting your K04 done first.
  16. GIACUser

I need a turbo set-up!

It is another way to go. You can just buy the HPA tune, make sure you have the hardware to support it (listed on the webpage where you buy the tune) and load it yourself, done, enjoy. K04 tunes are common and from the majors like Uni, HPA etc are already well sorted, no real advantage to dyno...
  17. GIACUser

Boost logs on f23t help

What help is it you seek? Why don’t you get a proper tune for that turbo instead of using one developed for a K03?
  18. GIACUser

New engine - Mk 6 Golf R

And to your original question, you say 110K miles or km?
  19. GIACUser

New engine - Mk 6 Golf R

"used (similar mileage)" -> WTF kind of warranty is that. Wait for new or have them rebuild existing one should be the only resolution. However I would immediately read my so called lifetime warranty very carefully to know what your options are. Are you in U.S.?