GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

burning oil, why?

That's good news for you. You said you replaced it in the first post, however a $40 PCV is a red flag... most lower tier/generic brand parts can absolutely work with no issues, but I have seen many of the cheaper "new" parts fail immediately or be faulty before even being installed. You're...
  2. G

burning oil, why?

Yeah, spark plugs. You're going to be checking for residue/deposits or even a shiny black coating. Google image search: oil fouled spark plug. Personally though, I wouldn't go solely off of the spark plugs. I'd do a compression test or have one done. Low compression #s on any or all cylinders...
  3. G

burning oil, why?

OP... these questions went unanswered, and are actually helpful to help you pinpoint where the oil is going; it can only go so many places. It's either leaking from the rear main (see above where trans meets engine question), or its getting burned up somewhere (rings, valve stem seals, etc.)...
  4. G

Xenon replacement

Regardless of the issues you ran into, its still a hell of a lot better than some hazy lens. I was going to do the oven, but seeing that you used a heat gun; it might be easier to control where the heat is applied. How much of a pain was it to take the old lens off?
  5. G

Wheel Rubbing on Coilovers

If it wasn't rubbing and now it is, something has moved. Front subframes are known to shift and they are how you are to adjust the stock cars camber from the factory; that could have potentially caused the alignment to go out-of-wack enough to cause an interference issue between the wheel and...
  6. G

Xenon replacement

I've "seen" people replace the lens multiple times on FB, so it's technically feasible. I'd say if they're stripped of most everything that can be removed, it shouldn't damage anything. At least this is what I tell myself, as I've been dragging my feet on this exact project for more than a year...
  7. G

Any news on the MkVI GTI?

Lol. Is this what bots do nowadays?
  8. G

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Funny, I actually worked with Welty when he opened Fixx Tuning.
  9. G

Yep, just a picture showing of what he was describing. 👍
  10. G

FS: Volk Racing 2pc GT-V 18x8 +40 So Cal - Bronze Burst $800

Scam.... https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/fs-volk-racing-2pc-gt-v-18x8-40-so-cal-bronze-burst-700.384295/#post-7635676
  11. G

IE K04 Turbo MK6 2.0T TSI $600

He is. Looks like he's banking on an established account making it not look like a scammer. Doing the same in the wheels/tires section here and the mk7 forums: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/fs-volk-racing-2pc-gt-v-18x8-40-so-cal-bronze-burst-800.384293/#post-7635147...
  12. G

For those visual people.
  13. G

A. No, I did the tab mod and left it be, ride height is probably the reason I don't rub the fenders. I also live in FL where roads are rather forgiving and smooth. B. I'd just suggest a little more camber for those that are having the wheel and tire come much closer to the fender than I. If I...
  14. G

I personally don't have anything in mind, I enjoy how it currently drives and it looks good enough for me. Just wanted to address the skepticism of my specific set-up and was curious by what he meant about the springs/coils clearance. After reading his reply below, his reference to clearance...
  15. G

Sorry, I don’t frequent the site much. I guess I could go take pictures of the tire sidewalls when the wife gets home from work (she drives it with zero complaints too). No scuffs, rub marks, etc..... I will say that I had to install a rear deadest kit as the subframe was shifted and cause one...
  16. G

Pin type paddle shifter extentions

Shame they've been on back-order for a while.
  17. G

Yet another 18x8.5 ET45 fitment post

I run 255/35/18 Indy 500's (which tend to run narrow) on my 18x8.5 et45 and will only rub inside fender liner when the wheels are fully turned. You should have zeros issues with that set-up
  18. G

WARNING FOR ARMMOTORSPORTS INTERCOOLER

Good point, totally forgot about the crash structure modification. Still not hard for the DIYer with correct tools, but most people like to just bolt-on parts.
  19. G

WARNING FOR ARMMOTORSPORTS INTERCOOLER

The TR8C is a solid option for those that have someone that can do the fabrication or can DIY it themself. For what you spend to go that route, it's quite cost effective due to the high quality of the core and it cost roughly $230. Buy some quality couplers/clamps, universal piping kit and...
  20. G

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

The 255 won't be a meatier set-up in the sense of taller sidewalls. They're actually around 2.5mm shorter in overall diameter than stock 225/40/18s, which is negligible. I looked at a lot of different sizes and brands, the indy 255/35 is slightly narrower than most other 255s... But they fit...