GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

Just let me reach down here under my seat for this black strap real fast and I’ll show you how it works officer aha
  2. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

What clutch pack did you go with?
  3. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

Came from having to learn it myself or not get it done. Only more recently been able to afford to pay a tune shop to keep the blood inside my knuckles ha
  4. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

SouthBend Stage 2 Daily. Good for 400+. Worth the $$$ on such an important component
  5. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

Love the comments 😂 Cars back and feeling better than ever. The clutch master cylinder was apparently to blame. Replaced with a new OEM unit. However, I still went ahead and still had a SouthBend Stage 2 Daily clutch pack installed with the updated “quiet” single mass flywheel conversion. The...
  6. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

😂😂 it’s only about 12 miles, half highway, half stop n go. The pull strap isn’t amazing tho. It doesn’t solve the issue of the wildly inconsistent engagement points but it does enable me to pump the clutch back up a few times for 1-2 nice engagements before sinking again. I can rev match shift...
  7. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

Update: I chatted with my local euro specialty shop (island sport works in Brick NJ) they confirmed it’s certainly the TOB. (No seepage near the bleeder block or the master and pedal sticking to the floor can only indicate either those 2 or failed slave/TOB. We ordered a Stage 2 SouthBend Daily...
  8. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

Thanks for the reply’s guys. Upon further inspection I’ve found there to be a minimal, yet identifiable, amount of wetness on-top of my shifter bushings at the top of the trans. The engine and bay are very clean and dry so this was an easy spot. Not sure if this indicates more of a TOB/slave...
  9. Rob_d91

clutch getting stuck?

I’m having the exact same issue in my 13’ R at 76k miles. I believe we have a bad slave cylinder/throw out bearing. Might as well do the entire clutch if the trans is coming out. I’ll post an update when it gets into my tune shop on the 9th.
  10. Rob_d91

Mk6 R clutch issue?

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I’m looking forward to having joined your community. I tried searching through threads for info but I’m not too great at navigating the site and couldn’t find much details. Last year I came across a M/T carbon steel 6R at my regular VW dealership...