GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1st Gen

Don't think you won, just because I couldn't catch you.

The Glen Jackson, or 205 bridge, is very long and has wide lanes. My daughter and I were just getting back from Multnomah Falls when the white GTI pulled up beside us. I'm over 50 now and am pretty slow but owned a modded Mazda Protege for a long time. The GTX engine swap is a very potent...
  2. 1st Gen

I think you mistake the importance I put on this. Edit-what do you mean by gatekeeping anyway?
  3. 1st Gen

A tuned GTI with suspension mods kicked my ass coming across the 205 bridge. Better?
  4. 1st Gen

White MK6, low and looking good. You didn't know I was racing for noise points, and all that crackling and popping you were doing just lost the race for you. Seriously, the un-burnt gas smell made me realize what the EPA is ON about. Good run.
  5. 1st Gen

FSM Request

I found a download. I would have thought this would be easier. Right to repair needs backers.
  6. 1st Gen

FSM Request

It's getting to be time for some regular maintenance and I'm starting from zero. I have a timing chain coming up and really want to see what's involved. If I can do it, I will. Also turbo specs, torque specs, yada yada--- 2013 GTI Wolfsburg Edition. 2.0 TSI, with 87K Thanks
  7. 1st Gen

2013 GTI, TSI, with 85K, P0304 CEL

Spent a few hours detailing this week and am very happy with the result. This car was grimy. I had resolved to take it to a shop for carbon cleaning and finally did so. Pulling codes was the first thing he did. Apparently his laptop was far more comprehensive than the OBD2 tool I was using. He...
  8. 1st Gen

I swapped the coil packs on 3 and 4, the two closest to the driver side. It ran better for a time. Eventually though, it started missing again. I went back to O'Reilly's when the CEL came on and got the same error code. Okay fine. I called Rich and Fixem Haus in Portland and he seemed genuine...
  9. 1st Gen

I haven't tried this. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks
  10. 1st Gen

The car has had a miss at start up since I brought it home. I just figured it was the carbon problem since it was close to the time when that gets to be an issue. I've made this mistake before so am trying to be a little more methodical. Jumping to assumptions has cost me a lot of time and money...
  11. 1st Gen

New Here

Very helpful. Thank you. Looking at the prices for what appears to be a few couplers and some tubing has me wondering if the whole aftermarket thing is just a huge pissing contest. It's not the cost so much as the value that has me dithering. Making other people rich has never been a priority...
  12. 1st Gen

New Here

Just saying Hi. I bought a 2013 GTI, Wolfsburg about a month ago and I'm looking to do some modding. I was hoping there'd be an obvious path forward for stage 1 mods but with so many brands of intakes/down pipes/tunes, it's turning into a huge pita. I haven't looked at any work logs yet so want...