GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

RPM bounces after coming out of gear and in neutral

Clutch in. I always clutch in when coming out of gear. Yes, it's odd. I clutch in, shift gear to 1st, gas (rev), let go of clutch slowly, upshift to 2nd gear, let go of clutch slowly, red light approaching... clutch in, shift from 2nd gear to neutral, revs down to 1000rpm, goes to 900rpm, goes...
  2. S

RPM bounces after shifting from a gear to neutral

So when I come off gear, lets say from 3rd gear, and I shift into neutral, the RPM's will drop, hang, drop again, and sometimes rev back up to 1,200rpm, back to 900/800rpm... This seems to happen once in a while, I replaced the PCV 2 years ago, I will perform the engine oil cap removal when...
  3. S

RPM bounces after coming out of gear and in neutral

So when I come off gear, lets say from 3rd gear, and I shift into neutral, the RPM's will drop, hang, drop again, and sometimes rev back up to 1,200rpm, back to 900/800rpm... This seems to happen once in a while, I replaced the PCV 2 years ago, I will perform the engine oil cap removal when...
  4. S

question regarding DIPSTICK oil level

So check it when it’s cold and then warm… you’ll see a big difference in the oil level on the dipstick… and why you should check when the engine is warm. i always check my GTI’s engine oil level when the engine is warm , after I parked on a flat surface for about 10 minutes. Usually at the gas...
  5. S

question regarding DIPSTICK oil level

you need to bring the engine to operating temperature and check on a flat surface after shutting off the engine for 10minutes. Checking the engine oil when the engine is cold doesn’t make sense as oil expands and you wanna check how much oil is there when the oil expanded (after warming up)
  6. S

Fixed headlights and tail-lights not working fully

The problem is back... half of the lights won't work (front headlights, rear tail-lights, signals, brake lights), removing the fog lights did not fix this problem. At least not for long. I checked the fuse box (in the engine bay), F16 30AMP (GREEN) fuse was burnt at one side of the fuse...
  7. S

Wheel bearing?

Ya it's because of high mileage... my GTI is at 166,000KM (103,000miles)... I'll change the other side sometime next year. Thanks!
  8. S

Wheel bearing?

Hi all, should I change wheel bearings in pairs? I recently got the LF wheel bearing replaced, should I have gotten both LF and RF bearings replaced at once?
  9. S

Clutch engagement and shifter questions

Southbend clutch is the best for our cars. Or a DKM clutch if you’re on a budget
  10. S

Carbon buildup cleaning price

I know shops that do it for 400$CAD as good as doing it for 1000$USD... I got CC done on my 11'GTI for 500$CAD in 2017, but I found another VW/Audi specialized shop that will do it for 400$CAD, planning to get it cleaned again at 200,000KM, and new fuel injectors.
  11. S

Fixed headlights and tail-lights not working fully

So I fixed this issue I had on my GTI; the headlights, one of them won't work, and tail lights one of them wouldn't work, same with brake lights, one side wouldn't work. BUT once I unplugged my fog lights HID ballast(left and right), all of them started working fully! Not sure if this happened...
  12. S

Wiper "stutter"

What year and KM/mileage on your MK6 GTI with this wiper problem? I try to go to shops that are specialized with VW/Audi… or I do it myself. Saves money on parts and labour
  13. S

Engine light on and unable to rev past 4k

Unless you are running a tune… if you tune it, you can rev past 4K while in neutral. go drive it and run a OBD2 session and see what the car is saying
  14. S

So the whole timing chain pulley issue...

Got my GTI’s tensioner and the rest of the components (guide rails, timing chain, etc) replaced with the revised VW part. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CHAIN AND THE REST DONE ALONG WITH THE TENSIONER REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE SAYS! I would also recommend paying a VW/Audi specialized shop to do the...
  15. S

Poor mileage

I would check air filter and replace if dirty, and get carbon cleaning done. These cars need CC done as soon as possible. Regardless of your car's mileage. Maybe check if there are any boost/vacuum leaks? check your exhaust too. Check your tires. Make sure your PSI is 38psi all around. Check...
  16. S

Poor mileage

How are the spark plugs? any chance you know if the spark plugs were replaced before you bought it? Check the fuel filter, check if carbon cleaning was done. Do you drive on the freeway/highway all the time? or is it local driving? If you drive on the highway all the time, you'll see better...
  17. S

Rear main seal leak…can I still drive it?

So I got the RMS installed (OEM revised part from VW), the existing clutch is good, has no oil on it, a lot of meat left. I went with a DKM stage 2 MB clutch kit. I will be selling my previous SBC stage 2 to someone local in Toronto, ON. The DKM clutch is totally different from my SBC... I had...
  18. S

This seems like the best bulletproof option
  19. S

I hear 034 has a lawsuit. IAbed apparently filed a lawsuit against 034… from what I heard today. At this point I’m going to NOT go with iAbed or 034…
  20. S

From what I understand; if the seal is installed correctly, there shouldn’t be any leaks at all. Regardless if it’s 034 or iAbed. As the 034 seal can also leak if not installed correctly.