GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

2JZ swapped 2013 Scion FR-S at auction for 10k

rebuilt title. interesting car but seems like a money pit. not sure why they are selling. Also, seller says he "guessed" on registration mileage and doubled the actual value? weird.
  2. A

Time to do some mods on my bone stock mk6.

ITS NOT TOO LATE! TRADE UP FOR A MK7!
  3. A

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Bro, the struggle is real. I did an AWD conversion and the suspension clunks are my life now. I've just accepted it and aim for potholes, speedbumps, and road hazards. Best case scenario it makes it so bad I can actually find what is making the noise lol
  4. A

WTB>New or used 3" aftermarket downpipe for a golf r

I have struggled to find these at a reasonable price. I just bought an eBay one and never looked back. You may need to have a shop cut and weld a separate V-band flange so it mates up with your catback, but other than that it's cheap and works. It's a steel pipe with bends in it, shouldn't cost...
  5. A

Burning oil and oil on engine bay

I have 110k on mine and the cam cover sealant was nonexistent. I would start with replacing the upper timing cover and gasket, it looks warped, and then chase after the PCV, only because that is the cheaper option. Your PCV hoses don't look terrible but if you haven't done it yet, I would just...
  6. A

And there goes the Dodge Charger and Challenger.

Not a big fan of muscle cars. Even less of a fan of their owners. If I ever dipped my toes in that realm it would be for a shelby GT350 or GT500
  7. A

A New Era for MK6 Front Ends

Looks like the front end of a chevy Sonic...
  8. A

Intake manifold- plates in the head

Thanks broh, sounds good. 32 bucks apiece = not worth it.
  9. A

Intake manifold- plates in the head

Just coming across this issue when swapping my manifold. I am k04 as well. Are you still running the divider plates deleted? mine were disgusting, and I even spray 50/50 meth at about 1000cc's. The plastic guides were also melted, so I would need to replace them if I keep them in. Thinking about...
  10. A

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

That's fair. It's interesting that you mention that your build isn't a race car, but yet you went to the lengths of adding a big turbo. What was your intention with the power gains from that modification?
  11. A

GTI AWD/4motion conversion

a gross amount. That's not something I have ANY expertise at all with. I would recommend finding a shop that you believe could or would do it, and getting a quote from them. It doesn't matter what number some guy in a forum puts down, because I'm not the one doing the labor. This was by far a...
  12. A

Yeah man, turns out they talk to each other already through the CANbus. So you just need to find your wiring for CANbus drivetrain and it should connect into the Haldex wiring pretty easily. You need hi and lo (or + and -), a ground, and power, if I remember correctly. I tapped into the CANbus...
  13. A

Above are some photographic proof that I actually completed the 4motion GTI. The car was on jackstands for 6 months and I learned a ton about the drivetrain and suspension. Wiring made me super nervous, but it was pretty easy. I will say that I used conduit and routed it very specifically. I...
  14. A

I completed this build before even starting the thread. It's way cooler to sleep on people who think you have a Golf because your rear hatch says "Golf" but your exhaust comes out the center, boi.
  15. A

Yeah sorry man. I did it. I just don't get on here and I have had a lot of things happen in life that meant blogging about my work wasn't worth the effort. Right now it's a rebuilt title because someone rear ended me at a stoplight, insurance totaled it. I bought it back, fixed it myself, and...
  16. A

Why don't you just dump it? I know plenty of people that send the wastegate overboard and have no problems. Side note, I am looking at big turboing my AWD(4motion) GTI and top mount is what I want to do with it as well. Cheers, great project, very inspiring!
  17. A

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Got it registered in WV. Got a 2 car garage full of stuff that I will eventually be moving so I can overhaul the 4motionGolfGTI Frankencar
  18. A

Where did you source the driveshaft? I have been having pretty bad shudder from my build (4motion GTI, stock trans) and I suspect the center support bearing on that bad boy. Thanks! your build looks epic, keep it up!