GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChrisAttebery

Camber plate (???) rattle driving me nuts

Well, I decided I'm going to try going back to stock strut mounts and SuperPro Roll Control ball joints. I ordered the ball joints from Urotuning for $183 with free shipping. I have a track day the 5th of December. I think I'll wait until afterward to swap everything over.
  2. ChrisAttebery

Hi torga, Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. Life happens... EDIT: The car has ~59k miles. I wouldn't expect them to be worn out at this point. I put it up on jack stands and took a look at it. I pushed/pulled on the wheel and it feels tight. I pulled the wheel off...
  3. ChrisAttebery

I'm trying to diagnose this suspension rattle coming from the front passenger side on my GTI. It seems to only happen when the tire drops into a rut or hole, but around here that means it happens a lot. I've had Ground Control camber plates installed for about 30k miles. I replaced the pillow...
  4. ChrisAttebery

Ronnie_B's 2013 GTI - K04 Track Day Build

Wow! Those are great pictures.
  5. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

My wife sent my brother and I to the Porsche Experience Center in LA last week for my 50th birthday. We were signed up to drive 718 Cayman S but they found a chunked tire on mine at the last second so I got upgraded to a GTS 4.0. They provide group instruction and have a series of courses that...
  6. ChrisAttebery

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

Why not rent a trailer from U-Haul?
  7. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

I put the street tires, wheels and brake pads back on the car today. Its looking like September 3rd will be my next track day. The Hankook RS-4s have 5 track days and a few thousand street miles on them. I’m guessing that I can get 3 more days out of them. I’m thinking about going to a...
  8. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

I had another great day at Laguna Seca yesterday. They had two Point By groups. I opted for the faster group that had a 1:52 suggested minimum lap time and it worked out well. There were a lot of faster cars in my group but I was only passed or held up by someone a handful of times all day. The...
  9. ChrisAttebery

Thanks Jay!
  10. ChrisAttebery

Hey Jay, Do you have the alignment specs you're using posted anywhere? I'm running -1.8 camber F/R with the toe at .03 in the front and .16 in the rear. I was thinking about going to zero or slight toe out F/R to get the car to rotate a little better. What do you think? Thanks, Chris
  11. ChrisAttebery

What did you do to your MK6 today?

I replaced a set of SuperPros with these. You get the benefits of the offset bushings without the poly harshness.
  12. ChrisAttebery

I installed a set of center caps on my Enkei Raijins.
  13. ChrisAttebery

I bought the Enkei Flat Caps shown in the picture. I bought these wheels used and they didn't come with any caps. I've run them without caps for almost 2 years.
  14. ChrisAttebery

I finally broke down and ordered a set of center caps for the Enkei Raijins that were supposed to be "track only" but wound up living on the car 7-8 months of the year.
  15. ChrisAttebery

It looks like the new rotors have thicker plates. It also looks like they took a rotor with a smaller ID and bored it out. In doing so they cut the aerodynamic ends off the vanes.
  16. ChrisAttebery

WTB: Stock Suspension

I'm pretty sure I have pair of stock sway bars.
  17. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

Soooo, apparently one of my sway bar end links was loose. I pushed and pulled on them and they didn't feel loose, but I guess I should have retorqued them. Lesson learned. I'm just glad I didn't have to throw a bunch of money at the car again.
  18. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

I tried one last hail mary this afternoon. I got the rain tray off, marked the locations of the top nuts with a Sharpie and then hit them with my impact. It doesn't look like them moved. I took it for a quick drive and the noise is still there. I made an appointment at DubClinic in Santa Clara...
  19. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

After the AX test and tune I left the tire pressures alone. After a week or so the tire pressure light came on and I filled the tires back up to 37psi. When I was done I drove my wife across town to the post office. The roads around here are rough and immediately I could hear the front driver's...
  20. ChrisAttebery

Official Sway Bar Discussion Thread

I had a 034 bar. I had to re-grease the bushings every couple thousand miles. If you go with a heavy bar in the rear and stock up front it gives the car a very un-natural feel, like the front and rear suspension are on slightly different time zones. After the 034 I moved to the H&R 26mm front...