GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dcpppf

6 speed Manual reverse not engaging

Yeah my first step would be re-aligning the shifter and inspecting the shift cables to make sure all are still tight. i've heard stories of DIY short shifter installs leading to something similar due to not tightening the cables enough.
  2. dcpppf

Only 20k Out Of Spark Plugs?

K cool... Thanks for the reassurance that nothing is "abnormal". Plugs are easy for sure, and with how often I have to keep up with them on the bikes it's no big deal as far as i'm concerned. Just surprised lol. I'll check the new ones after 10k, and either start changing them every 10k or every...
  3. dcpppf

Nope but I can when I pull them tomorrow. Again, far from an expert, but I thought looking tan/mocha was a good sign and I do think they fit that bill. Will follow up tomorrow evening/wednesday, but i'd say they looked close to this photo. Maybe a bit more tan where that arrow is drawn, but rest...
  4. dcpppf

They are iridium plugs, but nope don't drive the car hard as far as I'm concerned. Deff no auto-x's or anything like that where the "hard driving" would be more than say 10-20 seconds at any given time if that is relevant lol. Just interesting to me. For whatever reason I was thinking plugs...
  5. dcpppf

They were gapped appropriately when I installed them... but I checked the gaps while shuffling them last night and they were all around 0.046" (all within 0.001" of that at least). So yeah just wearing incredibly fast... At least that seems incredibly fast to me lol.
  6. dcpppf

So I had noticed a slight hesitation/stutter under heavy load (3/4 - WOT) in 4th, and 6th gear specifically. First noticed it being just a single stutter, then over the weekend noticed it turn in to a few rapid ones and a small afterfire sound from the exhaust. I broke out VCDS and ran some...
  7. dcpppf

Saggy Headliner Touch-up DIY?

Agreed Wabbit! Riceburner... not sure if you all use the same airbag covers as the mk6's but good luck getting those out without them breaking lol. I broke 5/6 and my new ones just got delivered today from aliexpress at $5 per.
  8. dcpppf

Yeah the upholstry shop our local Euro shop uses for this quoted $250... but they were weirdly adamant about how they couldn't be held liable if they broke any wiring harness. Said it probably 6 times on a 5 minute call. So I ended up just doing it myself with a 2nd set of hands. Wasn't too...
  9. dcpppf

Head unit swap

Nice review... I've been kicking around an "aftermarket" radio for a long while but the lack of OEM look was always a turn off... Looks like this might be my ticket lol
  10. dcpppf

mk6 gti headliner removal discussion

Thanks hungry! 100% accurate lol. Got mine removed with ease last night. For thsoe "outer" clips I just used a pry bar up as close as i could get to the clip and pulled harder than I'd like to admit. The clips popped out of the plastic (stayed in the roof), but thankfully nothing broke. so we're...
  11. dcpppf

Thanks! man that pic makes me wanna barf lol. did you simply brush your nuts off or did you end up soaking with something like a goo gone? FYI, good call on that console... i got mine the rest of the way out just a sec ago. i didn't see how the sunglass holder came out, but that clicked on me...
  12. dcpppf

Oh for sure it'll have to come off to get the new fabric on. I'm just thinking I can remove the trim after the headliner is out. Cause I'm not seeing a clip or two holding it in; so hopefully once the headliner is out I'll see them from above. Did you do anything special with the metal "frames"...
  13. dcpppf

Thanks brat. It doesn't feel like it is connected to the roof so I plan to pull the headliner out with the lamp trim still on it. See if i can spot those clips you're referring to from the back side. I can't seem to get the sunglass holder/tray to pop free to look for screws behind it.
  14. dcpppf

Ok I'm in the middle of unclipping the headliner and I cannot for the life of me get the front middle loose. I'm taking a break for fear of breaking something. But there is this black plastic piece in front of the housing for the lights that feels like it is the problem area. Right above my two...
  15. dcpppf

Yeah I got those screws you're talking about butimnotaracer. Got that whole "light board" out, but the outer trim/bezel bit is still there. And noted on the ribbon wire! that's one of my bigger fears with pulling it all out lol. Last night i got the a and b pillar covers popped loose. Only...
  16. dcpppf

So I want to keep this as a rolling log of questions/hiccups. I have seen some videos on the removal and references to a really good DIY thread on another forum that appears to no longer be available. I started removing mine last night and plan to take my sweet time over the next week and a...
  17. dcpppf

Thanks for this! But honestly i think buying "genuine" replacement should be my last option right? If it'll just start sagging again way too damn early :/ I need to just source some fabric and see if I can find a dealer that can do the gluing. I'm not too worried about removing/installing the...
  18. dcpppf

Well damn; suppose that explains why I couldn't find sht about anyone else "touching it up" lol but instead just replacing it all. appreciate the insight/info on your alls experiences! Guess I'll start making some calls
  19. dcpppf

Yeah i did some more searching yesterday evening and seems to be VERY common. Removing the panel doesn't seem too hard to DIY. Sounds like you removed yourself and brought in to an upholstry shop? Ball park cost they charged you to just replace the fabric?
  20. dcpppf

So my headliner has started to sag around the reading lights at the front as well as the back seat. I purchased some 3m headliner adhesive a while ago and am finally getting around to using it. Curious if anyone here has any pro tips as I've never used this stuff before and don't really want to...