GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Sparky589

Anybody a video game junkie?

Honestly the worse part of building a PC for me was slotting into the pcie slots and tightening down the cpu cooler. I know the components are fine, but I couldn't help but feel like I was breaking my hardware with how much force you sometimes need to get these things to seat properly lol.
  2. Sparky589

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Brandon Stacks Losses In Federal Courts - Alec Baldwin Says The Gun Made Him Do It

Rule of thumb is that you're as good as you're gonna get two weeks after your final dose of vaccine. Phizer will get you to ~85% 28 days after the first jab, and ~94% 14 days after the second. Past that just follow whatever local ordinance has on masks. If you're inviting buddies over and you...
  3. Sparky589

Anybody a video game junkie?

Same! Was blown away with it back when I first played it back in 2017. Honestly one of my favorite games of the entire generation.
  4. Sparky589

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Brandon Stacks Losses In Federal Courts - Alec Baldwin Says The Gun Made Him Do It

And it would have ended just like the untold thousands that died with the sanctions on Iraq. The tyrant in the palace is always the last to starve.
  5. Sparky589

This is just where we have to fundamentally disagree then I suppose. The act of war is, in it of itself, and atrocity. Made all the worse when you have to clear your way with troops through populated urban centers. For me a dead innocent is a dead innocent at the end of the day. If one option...
  6. Sparky589

It's not as if these ideas were summoned from a vacuum. We had already seen what had happened in Okinawa, Saipan, and countless other civilian populations that American troops encountered leading up to the encircling of the Japanese mainland. Should we suddenly believe, that now that we are...
  7. Sparky589

Yet this enters the moral quandary that if you already know the Japanese will throw away the lives of innocents in defense of their homeland, you're removed from being an unwitting participant to being an enabler. By the time the plans for Operation Downfall were being written up, the U.S knew...
  8. Sparky589

Again, the heavy investment into the Nordon bombsight coupled with American bombers flying exclusively during the day and at much lower altitudes and speeds than their British counterparts would paint a different picture. There is ample historical fact that for the first two years of strategic...
  9. Sparky589

I think it's important to keep this in mind, the nukes were absolutely criminal, but it was the least horrible option out of several that would have only served to drag out the conflict and subsequently kill even more innocents than the atom bombs did.
  10. Sparky589

But the technology fundamentally didn't exist to target manufacturing specifically. The 71 percent fatality rate of American bomber crews attempting exactly that in '43 and '44 is proof enough/
  11. Sparky589

This is a complete and total false equivalence, as I and others have provided you with ample evidence that Nagasaki and Hiroshima represented legitimate military targets due to their industrial hubs within the Japanese war economy not to mention the numerous military garrisons within...
  12. Sparky589

Thanks to allied codebreakers it was known that one of the key players within the Imperial Japanese government that was interested in suing for peace was the Emperor himself. Historical records after the fact showed that militant factions within the military were also cognizant of this, and were...
  13. Sparky589

We're still issuing purple hearts today that were manufactured in 1945 in preparation for the invasion of Japan, where military planners assumed American casualties would be so high that we preemptively manufactured 500,000 of them. Operation Downfall would have seen 15 nukes obliterate entire...
  14. Sparky589

God imagine back we had an entire generation of people, who when faced with one of the greatest evils the world had ever known wordlessly rolled up their sleeves and went to work? They died on the beaches of the Pacific, got mulched in the fields of Normandy. They rationed back home, and left...
  15. Sparky589

Hey, what are you talking about? Obviously the party that lost every single toss-up Congressional election is actually run by a super-slick buncha criminals who altered the presidential election under everyone's nose.
  16. Sparky589

Precisely this, interference has been well documented within the 2020 election (proud boy mass emails, basically the entire hunter laptop story, and so on), but we have not seen a single example of sustained nationwide voting fraud. It's wild to me that some people are jumping on the latter. I...
  17. Sparky589

2021 Ford Bronco

Honestly I'm more jazzed about the inclusion than I am disappointed in the lack of a V8. Always wanted to get into offroading, and in a few years a used 2-door manual bronco may be a good entry point.
  18. Sparky589

2020 GTI mk8

I've learned to withhold judgement until I see cars in the metal. Hated the look of the G20 3 series when it was fist announced, but having had a chance to see a few in person I've come to see it as an incredibly handsome car.
  19. Sparky589

STAY AT HOME

To add a bit of my own conjecture onto the pile, I'd also say the increased rates among the minority populations in NY may be correlated to their lower socioeconomic position, which in turn has lead to denser housing for them. California is finally starting to enter "phase 1" though the general...
  20. Sparky589

Toyota gunning for the GTI with a GR Corolla

Always happy to see another hot hatch come stateside, should take a bit of the sting out of loosing the Fiesta and Focus ST. Also even in its detuned state from the Yaris GR, the fact that Toyota is eking out that kinda power from a 3-pot is a pretty impressive in my book. Also means a lot...