GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. csumt76

A/C Recharge Every 2.5 Years?

You're supposed to use the tinted glasses with the UV light. From my experience they made it more difficult to locate the dye, it looked almost identical to any dirt or corrosion on aluminum parts. The other "sniffer" type are hit or miss and often are have adjustable sensitivity that can give...
  2. csumt76

MK8 GTI will make 242HP according to leaked claims

I was never more unprepared for anything in my life until I sprayed nitrous out of the hole on slicks in a RWD car. 5k clutch dump on a WOT switch... Totally different ends of the spectrum. Few hundred HP is perfect for having fun in a light street car, but not ideal if you want to run Mexico.
  3. csumt76

Flat Rate Secret Santa 2019

Shout out @anotero for the G oil funnel and red vw valve stem caps(already installed)! Recently changed the oils but will definitely use it next time.
  4. csumt76

Sorry to hear that, dye works ok but I never used the goggles that came with most of the kits.
  5. csumt76

ChiChat19: Trolls Return - But For How Long?

Agree. This happened to me the first time I went in there after the kiosks were implemented. I wanted to ask the guy Why the Fuck he was at the counter staring at me then? Lmao... I may only go there a few times a year. Also, depending on what neighborhood you're in... They STILL keep the...
  6. csumt76

What Bill said, you might be able to find some excess dirt buildup where the oil has leaked out. Could be a hose, seal, condenser, compressor, evaporator :oops:
  7. csumt76

Fixed the front vibration from 90miles/h accidentally

Looks real nice, DBA rotors? Did you run a hub spacer on them?
  8. csumt76

Speaking of netflix, anybody watch the Aaron Hernandez deal?
  9. csumt76

Hector bought out all the calipers before Race Wars. Tried to overnight them from Japan but didn't make it in time
  10. csumt76

csumt76 2013 GTI

Thanks! I was thinking about what it would do but not getting much snow around here lol. I contemplated putting some on the air intake but it will be swapped eventually.
  11. csumt76

What did you do to your MK6 today?

What wheels did you get?
  12. csumt76

csumt76 2013 GTI

It doesn't look the true color since it's shaded in the pic. Blinding in direct light lol Just drove a bit and got engine up to temp. The hood bracing near the turbo was warm, but most of the gold was cool to the touch still.
  13. csumt76

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Haha guess so! Just an effort to keep the paint safer since I removed the pad. I've read the opinions/threads on this subject.
  14. csumt76

csumt76 2013 GTI

Ripped hood liner out, didn't want to buy a new oem one. It had coolant stains on it and would smell like coolant after driving. Picked up some big sheets of reflect a gold for cheap(not certain if exact same as DEI.) Traced out templates with card board to line under neath the hood.
  15. csumt76

All those late night 12oz curls
  16. csumt76

I have a handful of Milwaukee tools, but I have the Snap-on 3/8" ratchet. It was about 10x better than the old Matco one I had. Used it ALL the time, it will bust LS header bolts loose like butter.
  17. csumt76

Another Oil Leak Thread, or: There Are Many Like It, But This One Is Mine.

Nice, hadn't used az in a long time(since I ordered benz parts) Looks like they totally revamped the site etc
  18. csumt76

Genuine part on ECS says Mahle-Austria on it autohaus az has the Nissans unit for $88 and a Behr for even less
  19. csumt76

If oil and coolant were mixing it would be internal in the cooler and you would notice in the fluid. Correct on water pump