GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. torga

ChiChat19: Trolls Return - But For How Long?

Sorry for your loss, man. I'll be heart broken once it's time for either of our cats to go. Also, I'm a masochist and usually wear all black anyway. Always using the roller!
  2. torga

looking for some more sound. Catback or DP possibilities

Just don't cheap out too much with a catback, you'll get the sound you pay for. If you want to go the ultra cheap route before dropping money on a CBE, you could try deleting your stock resonator. It deepens the exhaust note and makes it slightly louder. As far as sound, unless you go...
  3. torga

Just two. The lady already had hers when we moved in together, then we adopted one last July. We're stopping at two cats, though. Oh man, yeah, Steak N Shake is pretty good. They aren't everywhere, unfortunately. But In-N-Out receives the same complaint. I share your exact opinions about the Big 3.
  4. torga

Oh totally, they gotta get out. They don't mind the sound of the snare, kick or toms. But cymbals.... those must resonate at a shitty frequency for cats, a cymbal hit scares the shit outta them. So I usher them out of the room so they can go hide somewhere when the racket starts. In-N-Out has...
  5. torga

I've only used the kiosks once and I didn't have a bad time. However, last time I went to McDonald's was at an airport and I had to get some food in me before an early flight. At least 15 people huddled around the 3 kiosks, waiting to place an order and the counter was empty. Went up and ordered...
  6. torga

6 Speed M/T Shifts Poorly When Cold

Very doubtful they would use out of spec oil in the factory. The more likely scenario is that 7yo gear oil needs to be changed for fresh oil.
  7. torga

Enkei RPF1 w/ R888s

Assuming the wheels aren't beat to hell and back, I say that's a screaming deal - that kit would be ~$1,800 new. Try to get them for $900 ;)
  8. torga

It helped having a few friends who played guitar and bass. I was nervous, but I got to play with them and it kinda melted away, and taught me how to play with people and jam - just read cues and go with the flow. I wanted to play drums all through high school and college. In high school, my mom...
  9. torga

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

After some troubleshoot in this thread, it looks like I'll need to replace my oil cooler as it seems to have some small internal failure. At first I thought I had an oil leak, but upon closer inspection the residue is somewhat sticky/tacky on the garage floor and cleaning up the residue on the...
  10. torga

I played Witcher 3 and caught up on various shows all weekend. Also it's been a while so I set up my drums and had myself a jam sesh. Pure self indulgence.
  11. torga

*stops just in time* "haha bet u thought I couldn't stop, lmao fucken loser"
  12. torga

Fixed the front vibration from 90miles/h accidentally

If a BBK got rid of the shake, sounds like your old rotors or pads were ever so slightly warped. Can't think of any other reason. Those calipers look terrific, by the way.
  13. torga

MK6 GTI stage tune?? What am I missing

If you're wanting Stage 2 on a K03 turbo, there should be no issues with fueling at all. Sounds like BS to me. Most, if not all of us on Stage 2 have done zero mods to the fuel system. Fueling becomes an issue with big turbo swaps.
  14. torga

I mean... I get why they wanted to cut the brakes to the front - for that sweet launch burnout. But come on, we're not stupid. They could've left the calipers on and just disconnected the lines, that way it wouldn't have looked silly.
  15. torga

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Idk, seems like the only complaints came from an initial run of these blocks, almost 6 years ago. Since then, the block has been re-machined for better clearance and better sealed against leaks. That's what I got from these links. Mostly people were complaining about the OEM block here.
  16. torga

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Where are the bad reviews? I haven't seen any online and no one has reviewed it on ECS. I saw the Spulen one and was curious about it. The one Spulen part on my car has been flawless, but it's just a pair of 4-ply hoses.
  17. torga

csumt76 2013 GTI

That looks subtly cool! I was very happy with the slight increased engine noise once I removed my hood liner.
  18. torga

Another Oil Leak Thread, or: There Are Many Like It, But This One Is Mine.

Got the stuff. Ended up getting the oil cooler from autohaus as they had it in stock and it had a 4-day lead time with FCP Euro. My aim is to get this done by next weekend, so I didn't wanna wait an extra 4 days.
  19. torga

Thanks for the sleuthing. FCP's Nissens unit is $92, so I'll just get it there with the lifetime warranty. I'm getting the Graf pump from them anyway, might as well keep it under one order. Looks like the Mahle unit is only available on European sites.
  20. torga

Does anyone know which OE manufactures the oil cooler for VW? I'm gonna go ahead and replace both the oil cooler and water pump. Going with the Graf aluminum unit from FCP Euro. As for the oil cooler, FCP has a Nissens unit in stock, but the price is more than half off from the genuine VW...