GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1ashchuckton

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

After I replaced the plugs on my Forester XT I did need some nap time. Worst plug change I've ever done. :sleep:
  2. 1ashchuckton

ChiChat19: Thread Circling The Drain As Locals Flee IL

I understand your feelings. At one time I felt the same way. The powers that be are pretty good here. Now at the ripe age of 71 living in a condo is really great.
  3. 1ashchuckton

Seeing this is lawn chat, damn I'm so glad to live in my condo. Every Wednesday a crew comes & does the yard work.
  4. 1ashchuckton

Aftermarket stereo?

As far as CD changers go most if not all stereos now come with a SD card slot. You can put a crazy amount of music on an SD card. When I went to an RCD360 I thought I'd miss the CD slot. I don't at all.
  5. 1ashchuckton

Many scene points, but then you lose some due to dirty carpets. But since you have a track rat car you cancel out those dirty carpets. ;)
  6. 1ashchuckton

The best bolt in roll cage I have seen is the SafetyDevices. I had two of them perfect fit, amazing really. FIA certified too. You could buy just the rear cage portion. If I was to want a roll cage/roll bar today I'd have one custom fabricated. I agree with Jay about roll cages in street cars...
  7. 1ashchuckton

Filling out my garage... What would you do?

Love your Comet. (y) I had a 65 Comet Cyclone with a 271HP 289 that I bought in 1969. It was ages ago & was forgotten until I saw yours.
  8. 1ashchuckton

Coilpack longevity-what do y'all think?

Well with 100k on them, oh heck yes spend the money on new ones. (y)
  9. 1ashchuckton

Coilpack longevity-what do y'all think?

How many miles on those coil packs? I agree yes they will go bad given enough time. How much time that is, that's the question. :unsure:
  10. 1ashchuckton

I'm done with ECS

Now made with pure 100% unobtainium. That stuff is Hella expensive. o_O
  11. 1ashchuckton

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

When I first saw the GR Yaris I about wet my pants. This Crayola GR doesn't do it for me. When they add stupid mark ups to the price the R will end up being a better deal. I'll keep happily driving my MK6.
  12. 1ashchuckton

More accurately timing chain guides. Yikes so much plastic. o_O
  13. 1ashchuckton

Plastic oil pans, plastic drain plugs. What's next plastic connecting rods? <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. 1ashchuckton

My GTI uses the same torx type drain plug. I change the crush washer at each oil change, but haven't changed the drain plug. My GTI uses the same torx type drain plug. I change the crush washer at each oil change, but haven't changed the drain plug. You will know for sure at your next oil...
  15. 1ashchuckton

2022 Formula 1 Season

Great race, even in the back of the field. Man Alonso was really getting pushed around by his teammate. Clean racing between the front two, but man Max crying on the radio "he did this he did that". I wish the red car would have won, hopefully next round.
  16. 1ashchuckton

What did you do to your MK6 today?

I've owned my GTI for about 33,000 miles at this point & I have not had to add a drop of oil. Well I have, but only after I drain the sump. :p
  17. 1ashchuckton

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Not today, but last Friday. I installed an RCD360 Marconi set in my GTI. Really nice replacing the old funky OEM radio unit with one that has more bells & whistles. Carplay is nice to have although I lost the CD player. Being an old guy I have quite a collection of CDs. No matter I downloaded...
  18. 1ashchuckton

Damn fool idiot drivers

I've seen any number of crap dropped off on the freeway. Amazing the number of things. Damn shame about that policeman. Out doing his job & snuffed out by some A Hole. Hope you car gets fixed as good as new. Like has been said it could have been worse & it was for one guy.
  19. 1ashchuckton

Damn fool idiot drivers

So is the bustard who dropped the ladder that caused your damage paying you for the repair?
  20. 1ashchuckton

Ricer Spotted Thread

MR. Plow got a new ride. ;)