GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1ashchuckton

Extended warranty (intake manifold)

Today the postman dropped off an envelope from VW. Inside I find that my intake manifold now has an extended warranty for ten years or 120,000 miles whichever comes first. It says it covers certain 2013, 2014, 2016 & 2017 model year Volkswagen vehicles. Anyone else receive one of these from VW?
  2. 1ashchuckton

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you GTI owning Dad's. (y)
  3. 1ashchuckton

Mighty mouse.....

I'd love to own one of these. :love: Mighty Mouse
  4. 1ashchuckton

Front plate freedom day!!!

Never thought I'd see this happen, but as of today no front plates required on cars in Ohio. Bought my car in Indiana so the front bumper wasn't drilled for a plate. No way I was going to do it either. I've been plate-less for 5 years. Even when the county sheriff pulled me over for enjoying...
  5. 1ashchuckton

Mobil 1 rebates on again

A sign of spring, Mobil 1 is running rebates again. If you use this VW 502 oil now is a good time to stock up. 4 rebates per-household. $25.47 at WallyWorld - $12 for a final cost of $13.47 for a 5 quart jug. https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/mobil-1-rebate-2019
  6. 1ashchuckton

Wonky mirror switch....

The mirror switch has been acting up intermittently for a while, but after a bit of trying & cussing it would work. Well as of last Thursday it isn't. I've found the oem switch for $80-ish, & an aftermarket one for $25. I'm tempted to cheap out for this part. What do you folks think?
  7. 1ashchuckton

Nice BlipShift Type R shirt

Thought you guys might be interested in this. http://mailchi.mp/blipshift/rated-r-the-latest-shirt-from-blipshift-0h45bjpo0r?e=dafcdc92e6
  8. 1ashchuckton

Oil all over the garage floor. WTF!

My GTI has been sitting since Thursday afternoon. Today I back it out of the garage & notice a big black puddle. It's oil, I checked the dipstick & It's down 1/2 quart. The oil was under the passenger side of the engine. Turbo oil line or some other culprit? I have no clue. I'm going to put the...
  9. 1ashchuckton

New old guy here....

Hello folks, first post for me. I've been lurking about trying to learn what I can about the care & feeding of a GTI. I found my GTI 2 weeks ago, a 2013 CPO base model with DSG. My plans are to add some light weight 17" wheels, sway bars & have some Vagcom magic done. How I hate that damn...