GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Cole2999

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Car lost a liter of coolant that I filled yesterday. No problems until the light came on yesterday and in 24 hours it emptied to lower than it was. Likely a loose hose somewhere; I'll deal with it this weekend, my commute is >1mile. @MrFancypants I absolutely recommend the Corolla hatchback. My...
  2. Cole2999

Winter boots went on yesterday, and checked my spark plug gaps/sockets. No water or oil (couple drops on a rag under plugs 1 and 3). All under or approximately .03", except plug 3 which was just under .04". I checked the discoloration, too, and the electrode is pretty much uncolored. Car...
  3. Cole2999

My GTI, Rocco

Never thought I'd see the day I cursed my GTI for having too many pedals, but I suppose rolling your ankle will make that happen
  4. Cole2999

Put a couple hundred miles on driving to a wedding a few states over, and I'm enjoying it so much more than when it was stage 2. Cold, wet driving on the way back and yet my summer tires never broke loose. Man I love this car, even if it's a money pit
  5. Cole2999

Detuned to stage 1+ (stage 1 but it's 93oct) and the car feels so much more stable. I don't think I'm going back to stage 2 for a long time, at least until I have a second car. It's less jerky, there's no funny business in the idle (I would get random misses before) and it just feels smoother...
  6. Cole2999

I've not actually tried dropping the trans with the motor in yet, but it's not something I hope to need to try–though that's good to know in case I do. And yes the support bracket is the bitch of the job, it's really not necessary to reinstall it? That and a media blaster might have me...
  7. Cole2999

I've learned a few things that I'll never do again in my time swapping around engines: - not dropping the trans with the engine installed - not removing the intake manifold (shop only here on out) - not removing the exhaust manifold/turbo with the engine installed I'm a bit of a wuss when it...
  8. Cole2999

Dump run with the kitty :) she got real nervous this trip and needed lap time.
  9. Cole2999

I don't even blame you; fuck those heat shields. I had my engine out when I tried taking it off and it still sucked.
  10. Cole2999

I'm officially a DV Rev D boy, RIP Turbosmart DV. I would've loved to put another one on but it wasn't cost effective. Haven't opened it up enough to see how the sound changed but I'm really curious.
  11. Cole2999

For 300 I got a Sony head unit with Android Auto and a touchscreen. Keep looking at your options. I wouldn't necessarily say an aftermarket unit will be trouble-free, but a modern update would be nice.
  12. Cole2999

Comfort windows are the best. Park my car, get out, lock and roll my windows up. Also I thought '13s couldn't do the gauge sweep?
  13. Cole2999

I was using a stubby t-handle bit driver and couldn't produce enough torque to free the back bolt, and ran into clearance issues on the top bolt. I'll have to run to harbor freight and pick up that little ratcheting 3" bit driver they have and try again this weekend. In my eyes, this is up there...
  14. Cole2999

Fixed my throttle pipe coupler, ezpz. However I need to say fuck you to the diverter valve and whoever decided that putting it where it is was a good idea. This was my second time working on a DV in the car; last time I installed this DV the engine was out. Great, that made it easy to install...
  15. Cole2999

Got my car on a lift to do some discovery. My underbody is in incredible condition. There's surface rust on some of the rear suspension, and I think some spots need attention (namely the lower control arms), but the actual body is fuckin clean. And good news, disguising itself as bad news...
  16. Cole2999

Proper install of throttle pipe to intercooler coupler o-ring?

Yeah I hadn't had issues before this which makes me think it couldn't be the installation, I'm just unsure how else it could've failed. Thanks man!
  17. Cole2999

No, that is the one that's supposed to be there evidently; I got some help from the subreddit. I was able to grease the ring into place and pin it with the locking ring, however the to half of the coupler seems to just pull out with little effort. It may have been damaged in the original...
  18. Cole2999

Blew my coupler out of my intercooler the other day. My coupler flange is quite wavy, and idk if that's from install or failure; there's also that visible opening on the lower side of the intercooler outlet, and while it looks stock it also looks perfect for a leak. This was essentially how I...
  19. Cole2999

Got my car back! And it blew up! On the way home from the mechanic! No, I'm not even joking. I was accelerating after a turn, there was a very loud gunshot, then my engine turns off. A couple seconds later, another gunshot. Brb gotta go jump off a bridge. Edit: I forwent the bridge and instead...
  20. Cole2999

Parked my baby about a month ago bc of a terrifying noise (posted it somewhere) but mechanic told me it's just a bad alternator. Weird for a 40k mile motor, but it's from a front impact collision so my guess is it got damaged in the crash. Comes home Friday ♥️