GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. excelevant

5.0 Mustangs...

lol, you're right, they're not that short. It's geared just like a GTI from 1st-5th, so I'd say they're short enough though :laugh:
  2. excelevant

5.0 Mustangs...

I'm getting 15.5 mixed with 3.73's a Leaf payment could pay for my gas and keep miles off the car... hmmm
  3. excelevant

5.0 Mustangs...

Headers must sound insane, that'll happen later, for the most part I'm going to leave the car stock except for what I've listed and an aluminum drive shaft. For now the wheel gap aka suspension travel is fine with me :D Modding a '14 vs a '16 wouldn't be a bad idea. This is the last of the...
  4. excelevant

5.0 Mustangs...

Find one with Recaro's and let the seat hug you, lol. Don't be afraid of the seemingly clunky MT, it's buttery once you learn it's character. One reason I tuned the car so early is it has some torque limiting in lower gears until the high RPM's, likely to keep folks from spinning the wheels...
  5. excelevant

5.0 Mustangs...

I'll tell you guys my car (Base/Track/Recaro) was $38k when it's all said and done. Could have had a more luxurious car for the money but the Mustang is not lacking in the comfort department and the performance is off the hook. It has a few areas that should be addressed for the driver who wants...
  6. excelevant

5.0 Mustangs...

Here's one from my phone, picking it up from delivery polish/wax/detail. Soon I'll have an onslaught on videos for you guys to enjoy, just wait. Track Pack includes: Brembo brakes carbon fiber Torsen differential with 3:73 gears Boss 302 differential housing with rear cooler cover Boss 302...
  7. excelevant

5.0 Mustangs...

I took delivery of a black '14 6 speed base model 5.0 track pack/cloth Recaro earlier this month. It's so relaxing to drive relative to the smfw/K04/wavetrac GTI. The track pack adds a welcomed twist on the car with a list of upgrades some of which aren't included on the window sticker. Go drive...
  8. excelevant

APR, GIAC, help! P0033: The code that removes all boost

After problem after problem, I fear my Volkswagen experience is coming to an expensive end. Last week, on the way home from having the ECU replaced by my tuner the car lost all boost and began sounding like an intercooler hose popped off, with a loud owl noise coming from the engine bay. It...
  9. excelevant

HUGE crash on highway

Finally, a use for 144p
  10. excelevant

HUGE crash on highway

Getting my K04 equipped GTI back on the street today... this serves as a strong reminder. No bullshitting on the road, guys :paddle:
  11. excelevant

P0480 after K04 + GIAC Extreme

One thing after the next... it hasn't ended in 2 years of ownership. This car is a piece of shit. The latest issue, after going K04 and switching to GIAC Extreme software over from APR... is the P0480 The fans come on before I even start the engine, even in 65 degree weather... YbuS_qNAZd0...
  12. excelevant

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

Have we discussed the mk6ish designequeness of the interior? It's more than just the wheel
  13. excelevant

GOLFMK6 Confessionals

It looks like Da-Nial to me... Danial = Denial