GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Aftermarket Wastegate?

George said that, with my tuning and setup, 10 would work well. I might give it a shot.
  2. T

Aftermarket Wastegate?

So I am waiting to hear back from George at Burger Motorsport. He's the guy for my engine type. I wanna see if it can be customized or if he can customize it for a specific spring rate and send it to me. I was thinking that I'd like to try 10, but if it can't be easily changed, I might just...
  3. T

Aftermarket Wastegate?

So I grabbed it and will be giving it a shot. Have you found it difficult to swap spring rates with it already installed?
  4. T

$135 FMACVAG06 Forge Motorsport VW K04 Turbo Upgrade Actuator

I bought this part from somebody who said it was a different model. This actuator does not fit my car and I have no use for it so I am selling it. I've never used it. I don't have any information aside from the fact that the original seller said that he never used it. What you see in the...
  5. T

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO KEEP YOUR GTI/MK6 HEALTHY

I can't believe it never gave out on me! I didn't do the balance shafts. I didn't think it was needed. I don't think they're like the timing chains. You NEED to do chains. The car was just showing a good amount of chain stretch in VCDS. +1 to oil changes.
  6. T

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO KEEP YOUR GTI/MK6 HEALTHY

Just did my timing chain. Look what was sitting for 181K!
  7. T

Aftermarket Wastegate?

Thanks for the info and opinions.
  8. T

Aftermarket Wastegate?

I really like their quality and expect them to last a while. As far as performance goes, they're a mild upgrade. I feel an improvement and the cabin vibration is mild, but they're not performance mounts. As long as you're not looking for hardcore mounts, they're good.
  9. T

Can We Have a Paid, Ad-Free Membership?

The ads are getting ridiculous. Obviously, this site needs support money. I'd happily pay to support it for no ads. To be honest, this site would make more, considering how I don't come here much lately. I'd hate this site to go down, but I feel like we would pay to support it.
  10. T

Aftermarket Wastegate?

My thought is that if I keep the stock turbo, it keeps a fence around the rabbit that I will surely fall down into. There are plenty of other mods that are a waste with the stock turbo. I won't be able to say no to them with a turbo that supports them. Plus, after the cost of the turbo, the...
  11. T

Aftermarket Wastegate?

I appreciate that. I'm not interested in a turbo upgrade though. So I am just curious about these aftermarket wastegate actuators on the stock turbo.
  12. T

Aftermarket Wastegate?

Hey All. I've found it difficult to find a replacement wastegate actuator for my stock turbo, and I came across bits of info here and there about the benefit of an aftermarket one with a different spring rate (like Forge or TiAL). Someone said that it helps turbos keep higher boost in the upper...
  13. T

New Cartridge Core for my CBFA Turbo

Hey All. I've got 185K on my stock IHI turbo and I am trying to be prudent and plan for a fresh turbo as I start to push more boost through it. I've already got a new cartridge for the rebuild but I am wondering if anyone has done this before. I wonder if it's worth it or if I should just buy a...
  14. T

Best place to start for a boost leak?

Hey All! My '10 GTI has the JB4 on it so it's boosted. I have what seems to be a boost leak and was wondering where they tend to occur. I've got AEM charge pipes, but I've checked them and installed all new green hose gasket rings. Under full load, I hear a tea kettle sound. Power kicks in and...
  15. T

Another CBFA Downpipe Post

I stand corrected! haha
  16. T

It seems like a spacer with a 400 cell cat is key to not having a CEL. I'm running a JB4 so I can't tune the CEL out.
  17. T

Yep! Real dumb Until I get under there, I'm not gonna really be able to picture it. Sounds like the wire and shield doesn't give me much choice.
  18. T

What did you do to your MK6 today?

If there is a situation where you can't use a fast and furious reference, I haven't been in it.
  19. T

That's really good to know. Any way you can explain what you mean by 2 o'clock? From what viewpoint? What are you considering to be 12?
  20. T

Good JB4 Technical Info Source?

Does anybody have a good source for a more technical understanding of the JB4 and what we should look for with logs for our 2.0T? I know I can always email George but I'm sure he's a very busy guy and I would rather not bother him with every single question or curiosity that pops in my head. So...