GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

2012 gti wolfsburg car (blown motor) SOLD

I'm on the fence at this point. Two gti's is better then one I guess..
  2. A

hey dude.. sorry i never received notification of your message. yes its still sitting in my driveway
  3. A

Long story short I had an oil contamination that was probably sand getting into the motor and it broke one of the rod bearings. The car is fully functional.. accident and mod free but needs the motor replaced.. Or if someone knows what they are doing you can probably replace the rod bearing. I'd...
  4. A

Used car value Question !!!

Don't really know and neither did VW.. That was just the assumption based on the oil analysis.. There was no way of knowing unless the whole motor was taken apart.. The knocking noise was coming from the bottom of the motor so it was also an assumption that it was a rod bearing..
  5. A

Thanks dude.. Thats what I figured.. funny thing is i had just had my timeing chain replaced and Volkswagen couldn't figure out for months why this happened just one week after it was done.
  6. A

I was wondering if someone had any idea what my cars value couId be. I have a 2012 Vw Gti wolfsburg with 124k miles that had an engine oil contamination problem that ended up screwing up a rod bearing.. The motor basically needs to be replaced.. Other then that the car is in great condition...
  7. A

Dealer repair debacle

I spoke with vw once and they said they would be contacting the dealer.. I never heard from them again after that.. So the timeing was on and the motor is still working but there is a noise coming from the bottom of the motor. They still suspect that its a rod bearing and they sent out the oil...
  8. A

Dealer repair debacle

So If everything goes south what am I looking at financially for a motor swap outside the dealer.. I don't really like the idea of a used motor with so many miles. Something in the 30k range would be pretty awesome and hold me over till the 2021 gti hits the US.
  9. A

Dealer repair debacle

My thoughts exactly !!!.. I'm going to cut and paste this next time I talk to vw.. hahahah
  10. A

Dealer repair debacle

That was my original thought.. If it got into the cylinder head though how could it make its way into the oil.. Excuse my lack of engine knowledge.,.,
  11. A

Dealer repair debacle

The original work on the car was a dsg service, oil change, blasting the valves and the timing chain along with tensioner and serpentine belt
  12. A

Dealer repair debacle

The only thing they have said so far is the timeing was correct and that they found metal in the pan. The guy on the inside only expressed to me that he was disappointed in his team and they were trying to find me at fault for the problem and he thinks its a timing chain issue. I don't think he...
  13. A

Dealer repair debacle

The timeing chain was just preventative there was no investigation into it prior to me agreeing with the work.
  14. A

Dealer repair debacle

It ran so much better after getting the work done. The acceleration was so much smoother and the motor was quieter.. The carbon build up was choking off the motor.. I didn't get any lights or warnings. Just loud noises out of nowhere.
  15. A

Dealer repair debacle

They just told me they found metal in the pan
  16. A

Dealer repair debacle

I'm not sure yet. I also don't understand how they would know that it was a rod bearing issue without taking the motor apart.. The funny part about all this is most people would be turned off by the car and brand but i just want another one now..
  17. A

Dealer repair debacle

I just talked to the general manager and they are going to look into it further but they are sticking to the idea that the timeing was fine and was the first thing they checked . They want time to dig deeper so they can basically prove against me. Here is a quick video I shot right when the...
  18. A

Dealer repair debacle

Supposedly my whistleblower told me yesterday that the general manager is also a coowner so i'll be hearing from him today.. I have a feeling they are going to try to get me to take some sort of deal on a new car.. This whole situation sucks because i was looking to wait for the 2021 gti..
  19. A

Dealer repair debacle

I meant cleaning out the valves.. Thats bad language on my part.. One of my issues with their argument I'm having a problem with is that the noise is coming from the middle of the motor not the timing chain. The timeing chain controls every working part of the motor so it wouldn't mater what...
  20. A

Dealer repair debacle

Also I have zero mods or work done to the car and I'm the original owner .. The 6k was the quote the dealership told this guy to tell me.