GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Cole2999

Should I sell my GT4 and turn my DD GTI in to a full blown track car?

They definitely make good track cars. My only thing is if you want to move into FF as a drivetrain layout for the track. It's going to be a different beast entirely. In an ideal world I'd tell you to buy a Miata or 86 and track that; however you're not trying to buy a track car, you're working...
  2. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

My car started misfiring again, and this time didn't fix itself. However, this time I also got more clear engine codes, and they lined up with what I suspected: My cylinder 4 coil is bad. That's what I get for buying used R8 coils 🤦🏼‍♂️ I mean I guess I did get 14000 miles out of them, but...
  3. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

Oh I also hopped on an app I downloaded a while ago called CarMeets, which is basically Instagram for cars and it also aggregates meets for you to find. My username is @Cole2999
  4. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

Need to rant on how USP displays "in stock" versus "out of stock." Ordered Spulen boost pipes Wednesday because someone's trying to buy my stock throttle pipe. Shipping says however many days, I calculate it to be early this coming week. Today I go to check the tracking to find out exactly...
  5. Cole2999

Fully parting out my 2dr DSG GTI -- **Shipping resumed!**

Were you guys interested in these parts?
  6. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

Manual cars. Not sure what goes on with the DSG
  7. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

Launch control. And NLS is No Lift Shift
  8. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

I believe it's only stage 2 and up that offers those features. And I know almost nothing about spark plugs. I got the NGK plats that Advance Auto said were stock - I paid a lot for them, but seeing as I had no time to do research into alternatives, I dropped the $55 for these plugs.
  9. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

Replaced the 4th coil and, while I hear some roughness, I think that may be my updated tune. I don't hear misfires, or at least I hear a significant amount less. I think the spark-cut LC might've fried the coil? Look idrk if that's possible, I'm not a mechanic. Maybe the engine just needed to...
  10. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

That's what I saw. I called them up and asked about it, they just have to flip a switch. Just give them an email or a ring and ask about LC. He said the R has NLS, but the GTI doesn't 🤷🏼‍♂️
  11. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

I did two launches from 4200, flashed it to stock (which I've never driven and is surprisingly still very quick), then one launch from 3800, and when I shifted to second I temporarily had almost no power. Came back and felt tough so I coasted home with little throttle (<1/4 mile). Felt like it...
  12. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

Well I got it to work 3 times and now I'm misfiring cylinder 4 🤣 Don't suppose this is an easy fix like a coil 😓 happened right after the last launch from 3800rpm... Rings, maybe? I'm gonna replace the plug and see if that fixes it. Did you specifically flash the LC tune? That's what they told...
  13. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

I'll see your TR3 and raise you a BMW Z1 Phooey. I'm hooking up my UniConnect+cable now, and one of the features I believed to be available to me, No Lift Shift, isn't. Not something I'd use a lot but I'm a sucker for neat tricks, especially ones that would create a couple pops and bangs. Oh...
  14. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

It's really not too bad as long as you don't think about what would happen if you got t-boned 😬 that's part of the reason I've switched to my framed half-doors. It's still not gonna be pleasant, but at least I won't have a bumper in my mouth. I used to just take the doors off, but I had so many...
  15. Cole2999

Colby's GTI

Did a bunch more stuff today: Pulled the headrests off the back seat (idea shamelessly stolen from @Joe_Mama ) Fixed my broken center vent Picked up my UniConnect+ cable from DTM Autowerks Ordered Spulen charge pipes DTM Autowerks is an hour from my place, and I decided to take the ride in...
  16. Cole2999

2011 DSG w/ 55k miles. No mecha.

Unfortunately not, sold with the engine. Man, you're having the worst luck with that car. Flywheel, PCV, turbo... Nothing cheap, either
  17. Cole2999

What did you do to your MK6 today?

When I lose my last shred of sanity
  18. Cole2999

WTB - Front drivers fender liner & bumper guide, oem boost pipes

Actually I just found the metal bracket