GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 3

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I was listening to a podcast, either BBC Checkered Flag or Autosport, and they said the marshals didn’t pull the car behind the barrier because there was a yellow line at the stand indicating the area was too small for a car to be safely placed there. Don’t know how true it is but makes sense.
  2. 3

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

As much as didn't like the Ferrari/Schumacher dominance, I think the one of the most interesting things is seeing if the Hamilton/Mercedes can break their records. I guess that also plays into my dislike of Ferrari. I have respect for what they have accomplished throughout their history, but...
  3. 3

The Travel Thread - Where have you been?

when I was younger I was able to travel more. Job-self empoloyed-keeps me pretty tied up now. But quite a bit of the US, HI. Foreign countries Canada, England (twice) , Scotland, Isle of Man, France, Switzerland for a day, Monaco for a day. Have a lot others on my bucket list but need to...
  4. 3

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

got it, sorry
  5. 3

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

the Green Hell is not back, that is the Nordschleife which will never be on the F1 calendar. The F1 Nurburgring is a neutered modern track. not that great
  6. 3

What was your first car?

my first car was a late "70's or early '80's (can't remember the year) VW Rabbit. Bought and sold before I got my license! Was fun to drive though.
  7. 3

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Chinese GP postponed. https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/chinese-gp-postponed-due-coronavirus/story?id=68935565
  8. 3

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Vettel was amazing when he had Newey's car with the blown diffuser under him. But when pressured by Webber, Ricciardo, or LeClerc (or Hamilton) he falters. I still have a lot of respect for him and how fast could be but things have to be perfect and in his advantage to really shine.
  9. 3

Moving from NY to NC any advice?

Durham and Raleigh are getting quite large, in the south they don't build up they build out. Even in Raleigh you may be closer to to Durham than several other of the towns mentioned.
  10. 3

Moving from NY to NC any advice?

I live in Cary and it has been a great place to live. Close to Raleigh so the commute isn't bad. And like you said, it is a quiet place, suburbia at it's best. The area as a whole is very nice. Close to the beach and the mountains- The Tail of the Dragon is not too far away. Also, it's...
  11. 3

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Saw on my newsfeed that Vettle has talked with McLaren for 2021. This is crazy that we are all thinking about driver lineups for a year from now. :) https://www.givemesport.com/1530129-sebastian-vettel-linked-with-shock-move-to-mclaren
  12. 3

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I agree. I have been a McLaren and Williams fan since I started watching F1. Would love to see them bring the fight to Mercedes- Ferrari meh. I'm not a huge Lewis fan but don't hate him like others do- I have an autographed hat I got from him at Indy in '08, but I am impressed by his...
  13. 3

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I have to give it to Ferrari during the race. If they hadn't screwed up qualifying we wouldn't have had as good a race as it was. It ended up being a pretty good race especially for Monaco. Max has actually improved his driving, still making gonzo moves but being more mature about it.
  14. 3

Any cyclist on here

I think the Ottrot was the best frame Serotta made. I sold a few of the them and still have several current clients that bring them to me for service. Ben Serotta stayed at my house one time for a visit to the shop I worked in at the time. The Mei Vici was too expensive and not that much better...
  15. 3

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

the more I see of Max and his comments the more I dislike him. Great talent, but such an arrogant, privileged prick.
  16. 3

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I don't think it was that much difference. It was Ferrari and McLaren then a bunch of B-teams. For many years in the early 2000's the only race winners were Ferrari, McLaren with only Williams, Renault winning periodically. then outliers like Sauber and Toro Rosso picking up when the others...
  17. 3

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad joke thread

What do you call a deer with no eyes?? No idea’r What do you call a deer with no eyes or legs? Still no idea’r What do you call a deer with no eyes, legs or balls? Still no f@&king idea’r.
  18. 3

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I think all athletes (or others at the highest level) have to be, "confident". and it will show when portrayed in the press. But I also think there is a difference between the confidence of Hamilton (and I'm not a fan of his)- self assured to a fault, arrogant and a bit whiney but still fairly...
  19. 3

Ever Run Tail of the Dragon?

I've only run it once, but really look forward to taking my GTI. A friend of mine also goes there a couple times of year and The Reptile Run. A few roads in the area have retile names so he strings them together over a few days. Thanks for the links above, that will help in my planning as well