GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

WTB Candy White Hood

ooo thats a lot of rust my guy but thank you for replying!
  2. D

High coolant temps

Update: drove for about 15 minutes then checked the fans at idle and they were running and stopped/started when my temps were above/below 190. Drove for about another 20-30 minutes and noticed my temps rising again going past 200 and not stopping. Checked the fans and they weren't running????
  3. D

High coolant temps

Hey Everyone Went through the whole summer with 90+ degree days and I never had a coolant issue or heard my fans turn on after turning off my car until yesterday which was only about 65-70 ambient temp. About an hour later I drove the car and kept an eye on my coolant temps and driving around...
  4. D

Cam Follower Mistake

Ended up taking it to a shop and they replaced the gaskets and security torx
  5. D

Cam Follower Mistake

Soooo I replaced the valve and it's still leaking. Looks like it's from that cap with the 2 security bits and the last owner stripped one of them YAY. Anyone know where I can buy a gasket and 2 new bolts??? Part numbers???
  6. D

Cam Follower Mistake

Hey Folks, made a whoopsie and rounded off the schrader valve on the HPFP for my golf R. We tried putting a 12mm wrench on it (originally a 13) and it still rounded off. I saw someone said use a socket instead of wrench so we'll try that I guess but whats behind those 2 security torx bits? If I...
  7. D

WTB Candy White Hood

There seems to be a lot of those floating around. I'm looking for specifically candy white, ty tho
  8. D

WTB Candy White Hood

I need a candy white hood. Any condition is probably better than what I'm sporting right now. Interested in black or carbon fiber hoods as well if price and location is right
  9. D

Hood replacement

It's a motorcycle gsxr 1000, nice bike shitty stand
  10. D

Hood replacement

Plenty to choose from. None are candy white unfortunately
  11. D

Hood replacement

My buddy's kick stand on his bike fell off on the highway and hit my candy white hood and dented it. Can I use a mk5 gti or Jetta hood on my mk6? The hoods look very similar and would widen my search a bit more
  12. D

Parts for sale

Do you still have those floor mats, the catch can, the ProClip, and engine cover? Also do you have any pics of the splitters on the car?
  13. D

Please delete..

This sounds much better than syncros. Did you do the fluid change yourself or have a shop do it?
  14. D

Please delete..

I have the same issue but on a DKM clutch and DieselGeek Short shifter. Shop that I got the clutch done said it could be the shifter, other people I've asked said it could be syncros
  15. D

Possible Sirocco import idea

I did watch that vinwiki but I knew about the loop hope before that video and when I watched it I thought about the sirocco. I could just get a used r8 but that would be too easy. I rather try to import a newer Barra engine
  16. D

Possible Sirocco import idea

So I'm pretty sure this has been brought up somewhere but its impossible to google search without other irrelevant results. And this is just a shot in the dark I probably have no idea what I'm talking about BUT people take a Holden UTE right and put in on some Pontiac that is legal in the USA...
  17. D

Subframe clunk

I didn't notice honestly, my 2 goals while I was under there were to check the control arm bushings and to make sure I didn't crack the oil filter housing again. If I don't see the brass bushings then I'll install the 2 new bolts
  18. D

Subframe clunk

Apparently my car already has that (Tyrolsport) from the previous owner, however its still clunking, might be the control arm bushings but wanted to try cheap to most expensive for fixes. Also when I did my oil change last weekend the bushings looked fine
  19. D

Subframe clunk

Anyone try this fix? I ordered the 2 bolts for this and will try it on my R tonight or this weekend for my clunk issues. Figured the Mk5 is a closer platform to the Mk6 R than the Mk6 GTI