GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Aftermarket not flush? should i replace it with OEM ?

That would bug the hell out of me.
  2. S

Rear camber

I run 18x9 +35 (all around) with 225/35s, and they are pretty stretched, poke, and require slight negative camber to fit. My setup is just touching the realm of stanced, but I kept it functional on the coil over adjustments. Here my passenger side booty to give you an idea of what it would look...
  3. S

Beluga catback exhaust

I'd weld the tips or use some JB weld.
  4. S

At a loss... help!

Tensioner $1k - $1.6k > Carbon cleaning $200ish? > Suspension $500-$2000 depending on long term goals > Brakes $500ish > Tires/Rims $1500ish > Tune $500-$2000 depending on goals and tranny. :) Modding isn't cheap, but you gotta pay to play. Also 'r8 coil packs' aren't necessary as they are...
  5. S

Mk6 APR stage 2 vs Q60 3.0T unknown mods??

Good kill. Those Q60s are like 2 tons lol.
  6. S

Looking for input on exhaust upgrade

If you're on a budget get the Borla Exhaust - it gurgles and pops like a champ. If money is no option, take a look at: Armytrix - Its valve system is pretty sweet and when open sounds mean as hell. Akrapovic - It is IMO the meanest grittiest cat-back you can get. The pops and bangs will...
  7. S

Beginner Gti/Car owner and need help modding my first car

This can't be stressed enough! Timing Chain Tension should be checked and replaced (if it hasn't been done). If this fails, you are in for a very large repair bill. You should also look at doing a carbon cleaning. When these are done, you can go nuts. Suspension > Rims/Tires > Exhaust > Tune...
  8. S

Wanted to Say hi! (GTI Spotting in Boston)

I'd bump it during a car show.
  9. S

Allchokedup, was it u? Visiting from Dallas?! :)
  10. S

Hey, You: Shadow Blue MK6 GTI (2010 with HIDS) - Borla or similar style Cat-back, Stock Wheels, and lowering springs... Think I also heard a BOV too? Me: Black, slammed and somewhat loud GTI with Bronze staggered wheels Time & Location: 8:45PM EST 6/14 on Washington St (Route 1)...
  11. S

Coilovers and stock wheels

I think you'll rub all the way down even with the stock wheels. Just make sure you get an alignment so you don't shred up your tires.
  12. S

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

K04 and run away next time?? :D
  13. S

Timing chain life expectancy

Do the chain and tensioner at the same time. They can both cause a lot of moneys worth of damage if they go. I've been at 83k for 2 years now and finally had my chain and tensioner done thanks to the stimulus. I literally just had my GTI sitting (kept up with maintenance and what not, but put...
  14. S

I'm done with ECS

So, I'm going to give ECS a shoutout. Even though I've had my MK6 for a pretty long time now, this was my first time doing business with their shop in particular. Yesterday, I received my items from them, but 1 (badgeless grille was damaged.) I immediately called their support line to see what...
  15. S

6th Gen Coilover Discussion

Any idea of what brand coilover you'll go with? Aside from new bolts and what not, I think thats equally as important too. :)
  16. S

Brake Job Mk6GTI Autobahn

I threw these on last year too.. Pretty good.
  17. S

FIRST FEW MODS ON MY GTi

An aftermarket catback by itself will give you more sound. Judging by REVO's website, you don't need the intake for Stage 1, but it will enhance your sound with a catback. If you go with a downpipe, intake, and catback then you might as well just get a full turbo-back exhaust, intake, and go...
  18. S

Golf R vs GTI

Standard pads and rotors should be fine. You could pick up stoptech street line for a bittier feel and be okay. You could also look into the equivalent hawk line too. If you have a few grand to play with, you could look into a big brake kit as well.
  19. S

MK6 vs The Cops with IE

Nice list. You could easily close the traction gap with a few upgrades. Well dialed in suspension, grippy tires, and ultimately a LSD would allow the GTI to put its power down at the line without wheel slippage.