GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Thumper1

Thumper's 2012 Stg 3 Golf R - The Defiant

I think I've settled on a name for my build. I was thinking about Serenity because I love Firefly but just doesn't fit. While Deep Space 9 is not the best Star Trek and not my favorite it does provide inspiration in the form of the USS Defiant. A small ship with engines and weapons systems...
  2. Thumper1

Fairwell Mk6 gang

Sorry to see you go man but happy it's just to another VW!!
  3. Thumper1

Rhod!!!!! Glad to see another familiar face still around. Hey now, it's an R!! But still the hatchback life. My wife still blames you for convincing me to hit the track that weekend. LOL I said I would take it out at least once to see what the GTI could do after all the work on it. Just...
  4. Thumper1

This one? https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-engine-support-bar-96524.html Jesus, for $80 I might just go grab one this weekend!! I need another tool to try to find room for in my tiny one car garage I'm slumming it in right now. LOL I actually have a 2-ton engine hoist but it's...
  5. Thumper1

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

18 seconds......I remember when they stated that. Man, it felt like an eternity before he came out of there....... False positive to keep him from breaking another record this weekend? lol
  6. Thumper1

Golf R VI 2dr Manual - First Mods Please Halp

Holy cow man, you just bought all that? LOL (y) Happy new year to you.
  7. Thumper1

Oh I know, I am expecting the car to feel like it's set to vibrate. LMAO I would have gone Stg2 no matter what since I am fine with a little discomfort if it results in more performance, but the modular and serviceable design BFI has was a real selling point. If I don't like them for normal...
  8. Thumper1

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

It depends, since the car was traveling sideways and not just directly into the wall the impact would have then slid the car down the concrete barrier. He likely would have punched the nose in, then the car would spin around backwards slamming the left side tires into the barrier and then...
  9. Thumper1

What did you do to your MK6 today?

LMAO Emailed them Sunday afternoon. Got home from work tonight and not only have they already requested a replacement be sent out, they are refunding me the difference between the amount I paid and the current sale price, a little over $50. :whistle:
  10. Thumper1

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Yup, 96 miles ONE WAY. lol Not all highway that way, it's a state highway, then some surface streets to cross over to a bypass, and then onto an interstate, then onto another state highway, then surface streets and interchanges. I could go all highway (state highway to interstate to state...
  11. Thumper1

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

This IS the stupid question thread. ;):ROFLMAO: BTW, the CEL in the TTRS turned out to be two "lean off idle" codes, so that's not great. I just switched it to 93 octane for the winter (I run it on E85 normally but don't drive it in the winter, don't like letting it sit with E85 in the tank)...
  12. Thumper1

Gas Mileage

You replaced the sensor recently or prior to getting the bad gas mileage? I see what you are saying about the error, yes you can get an emissions code from the HFC usually on CA cars if the tune doesn't cancel it out it's just common to have the tune cancel it out/ignore it. I get about 6.7...
  13. Thumper1

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

The fact that there were no tires in front of that barrier was amazing. The damn thing acted like a knife. It says something when the temporary repairs they did (concrete barriers) were more substantial and safe than the in place equipment. Yeah, yeah....off corner, down a...
  14. Thumper1

Golf R VI 2dr Manual - First Mods Please Halp

That's a K04 from APR, it is not able to deliver the power you are looking for so if you then wanted to go Stg3 /3+ you would have to buy another turbo. So either wait and just buy a Stg3 or plan on selling the K04 later when you are ready to go Stg3 but this is more costly obviously especially...
  15. Thumper1

Went to install my new Stg2 BFI motor mounts.............. Found that the engine mount is completely wrong. What's awesome is it doesn't even look like they just sent the wrong part, I can't find anything that looks like this thing anywhere on their site. It's the engine bracket side that's...
  16. Thumper1

I bought it from ECS........ ;)
  17. Thumper1

First thought man, but the bolt holes aren't even close. The front one should be back about 3/4-1" from the front of the mount, but this one is flush on the one side. The rear mount should have a noticeable arm putting the bolt hole well rear of the mount, this one would only be about 1/2" to...
  18. Thumper1

Went to install my new Stg2 BFI motor mounts.............. Found that the engine mount is completely wrong. What's awesome is it doesn't even look like they just sent the wrong part, I can't find anything that looks like this thing anywhere on their site. It's the engine bracket side that's...
  19. Thumper1

Photobucket

Thanks guys. Looks even better now that I got black rings and a black fuel door. Sad that Audi didn't think those should be part of the Black Optics package from the factory.........
  20. Thumper1

2010 GTI - Headlights Aiming Too Low?

(y) You must have hit a heck of a bump to flip that thing around. LOL