GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChrisAttebery

MK6 automatic (DSG) upgrades?

The best thing you can do for the DSG is get a DSG tune. It will transform the car. I have the Integrated Engineering stage 1 and DSG tunes and I highly recommend them.
  2. ChrisAttebery

SuperPro LCA Anti-Lift bushing set

The front bushings are different than the rears. The rears have a diamond pattern cut into them to hold grease. They also have more clearance. The fronts are smooth inside and fit tight onto the sleeves. I used a liberal amount of the grease provided by SuperPro and 99% of it got wiped off the...
  3. ChrisAttebery

The RS-3 bushing will make the car feel more responsive and direct. The poly bushings will take that up another notch. Either bushing with anti-lift will make a noticeable improvement on launch traction.
  4. ChrisAttebery

It's necessary because the hex on the end of the control arm wouldn't be able to rotate in the much harder poly bushing. Without the sleeve you'd wind up with a "Poly Spring" on the front LCAs.
  5. ChrisAttebery

The biggest thing you'll notice is that the bushings with anti-lift will allow the car to dig in and launch without wheel spin much better. I immediately noticed that after I put the RS-3 bushings on and I'm only stage 1. I ordered the BFI mounts because I want the anti-lift but don't want the...
  6. ChrisAttebery

I just pulled these off of my car. They have about 15k miles on them. The rears have an aluminum sleeve that rides in the bushing and they move freely. The fronts are very tight and caused the suspension to squeak. I don't recommend installing the front bushings unless you are going to be...
  7. ChrisAttebery

Need some input on suspension

Short story: The word of the day is composed. As in, my car feels much more composed now. Long story: I got the installation done yesterday afternoon. I manually tested the stock rear shocks vs the Konis and kept increasing the rebound damping until I could feel that they had more than stock...
  8. ChrisAttebery

BTW: I followed your advice from an old post and trimmed a little off the tabs. I measured the diameter of the struts and the Yellows are about .010” bigger than the stock struts. Even with a spreader I had to use a jack under the lower ball joint to seat the struts.
  9. ChrisAttebery

The bump stops are stock. They don’t stay in place with the GC camber plates. Same with the dust boots. It’s a California car so I’m not too worried about the dust boots.
  10. ChrisAttebery

I installed the front struts today. I pulled the stock struts out then opened up the top of the strut towers with a 2-1/2" carbide hole saw. I turned a pilot on my lathe to match the saw arbor to the existing hole. I used a 2" sanding drum to clean up the hole. I pulled the camber plates and...
  11. ChrisAttebery

Where do you have yours set? Stock springs?
  12. ChrisAttebery

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Koni Yellows, new bump stops, and RS3 rubber bushings for the front end. I have next week off so hopefully all this stuff will arrive while I'm on vacation.
  13. ChrisAttebery

Has anyone tried Falken Azenis RT660 for track?

On the Grassroots Motorsports forum someone had the center tread bar delaminate after a few AutoX runs. I think I'd wait to hear more reviews before I bought a set.
  14. ChrisAttebery

Hey guys, I need some input on the suspension on my GTI. I have OZ wheels that are 10 lbs lighter per corner, Ground Control camber plates, SuperPro poly control arm bushings (front and rear positions), H&R 26mm FSB and 24mm RSB. The rest of the suspension is stock. I have two issues that are...
  15. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

Because they are down to the wear bars. They are some of the best tires I’ve ever owned.
  16. ChrisAttebery

Chris' 2011 GTI

Today I swapped the brake pads, tires and wheels on the car for the "winter" season. I installed the PFC Carbon Metallic back onto the front and installed a set of Porterfield R4-S pads on the rear. They are both aggressive street/AutoX pads. It's the first time I've done the rears but it wasn't...
  17. ChrisAttebery

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Thanks for the input Ronnie. Are you driving with those pads to the track? One thing that is really nice about the Porterfields is that they have a wide enough temperature range that you can drive them around town and to the track. I left them on all summer. I have a set of PFC Carbon Metallic...