GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Cloning Electronic Key Fobs

Front door of your house, not the car.
  2. A

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Bilderberg Meetings Plan Harm On Humanity In Secret - Definitely Not A Conspiracy

lol, no idea why I jumped in now. Been following this whole train wreck since the beginning and haven't missed a post yet.
  3. A

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Bilderberg Meetings Plan Harm On Humanity In Secret - Definitely Not A Conspiracy

lol, you never posted a link. You just said you Googled it. And I generally agree with you, btw. Kevin asked for a rebuttal, and I posted it. A very specific rebuttal to the exact article he posted. You just said (and I'm paraphrasing) It's all just bullshit because Johns Hopkins says that...
  4. A

Again, you didn't read the original article, nor the rebuttal. It's all from the same place - the Johns Hopkins News-Letter (which is just a Johns Hopkins student newspaper.)
  5. A

Speaking of fact checking, you’re not fact checking the right link. Click it again: it’s not old, it’s a recent article from Nov. 22, 2020. Here’s the proper rebuttal: https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19
  6. A

2022 BRZ

I’m not worried about the weight. I know Subaru has said the new car will be “under 2,900 lb” but I think they’re talking about worst case scenario with the, ugh, automatic. The numbers I’ve seen show 2,815 lb for the manual, vs. 2,798 lb for the old manual. Yeah, weight gain sucks, but I think...
  7. A

2022 BRZ

Lol. I get smoked by minivans from a red light all the time in my stage 1 GTI. Why? Because I’m not racing and IDGAF. ;)
  8. A

2022 BRZ

Not sure if I think it looks better or worse than the old one, but tbh I don’t really care how it looks. The important thing is that they didn’t mess with the formula and they kept it NA. I can deal with a turbo in the GTI, but give me that linear NA throttle response in a proper sports car...
  9. A

What to do with an old, faulty car?

Lots of charities out there will take the car and give you a tax receipt for your donation. You just make a phone call & they send a tow truck to get it. Easy.
  10. A

Sticky Hatch Door

Sounds more like a fob problem than a hatch problem. Try replacing the battery.
  11. A

serious crime vehicle identification assistance- please

IIRC they actually dropped the Detroits for 2014, so that would also narrow it down to 2010-13. And yeah, they were optional for 2010-11, but I’d say most cars had them. I’ve got the standard wheels (Denvers) and I almost never see those. For sure there was nothing rare about Detroits in those...
  12. A

serious crime vehicle identification assistance- please

Yeah, MK6 GTI, but in North America the model years were 2010-14. It went on sale fall of 2009, but still model year 2010. And kind of hard to make out, but is that a 3-door in the picture? I’m not 100% sure, but IIRC they dropped the 3-door for 2014, so that would narrow it down a bit to 2010-13.
  13. A

2011 GTI with Check engine light needs help (P2015, U102F, U1030, P030x)

You should have got the carbon cleaning done while the manifold was off (which VW paid for.) Eventually you’re going to have to have it done, but now you’re going to have to pay someone to remove & install the manifold again. I know dealers like to upsell questionable stuff, but the carbon...
  14. A

How many times has someone opened their car door into your car?

That’s one thing I really enjoyed about driving a beater - didn’t care about door dings! Even better, when some asshat parked right on the line, or even over it, I’d still take the space next to him, and make a point of parking right in the middle of my spot. I left one guy with maybe six inches...
  15. A

The Atheist Test? Yeah, my intelligence has been insulted, but not in the way they think. Nice straw man there. It’s been a while, but I also read a great book: The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins. Turns out there is actually a rational argument to be made, not just “Ha ha, Coke can...
  16. A

A reason to consider timing chain replacement also, if you want to update tensioner

It was at 145,000 km when I had it done. I’m at 168,000 km now and everything’s been fine.
  17. A

ROLL CALL: Who is still here from 2010-2011? - even if you just pop in for fun to re-live old GTI memories.

Joined January 5, 2010. Never did post here much, but am still lurking. I came and went for a while, but the Covid train wreck thread has me checking in daily now.🤣
  18. A

Since you brought up one’s grasp of the English language, it’s whose face.
  19. A

The New APR PEX Intake System

Sorry, I haven’t been paying attention. It took this long for APR to come out with an intake for the MK6? Aren’t they like a decade late? Why now?