GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. theclutch

Go Fast Bits DV+ T9351

Continuing to take the car back to stock. Willing to ship within continental US ONLY. Paypal or Venmo. Buyer pays actual shipping from 02035 zip code and any other fees if using Paypal. Go Fast Bits T9351 SOLD DV+ Blow off Valve or BOV/ diverter valve with TMS advantage
  2. theclutch

BlendMount Radar Detector Mount

Continuing to take the car back to stock. Willing to ship within continental US ONLY. Paypal or Venmo. Buyer pays actual shipping from 02035 zip code and any other fees if using Paypal. BlendMount Radar Detector Mount for Valentine One $50 ($110 shipped new) -Volkswagen, Mirror ID-VW-001...
  3. theclutch

Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar 28mm hollow, Rear Subframe Spacer Plates

Continuing to take the car back to stock. Willing to ship within continental US ONLY. Paypal or Venmo. Buyer pays actual shipping from 02035 zip code and any other fees if using Paypal. Neuspeed 28 mm hollow rear sway bar #: 25.02.28.3 SOLD NEUSPEED RACE SERIES anti-roll bars give you the...
  4. theclutch

COBB catback exhaust and other parts!

Continuing to take the car back to stock. Willing to ship within continental US ONLY. Paypal or Venmo. Buyer pays actual shipping from 02035 zip code and any other fees if using Paypal. BlendMount Radar Detector Mount for Valentine One $50 ($110 shipped new) -Volkswagen, Mirror ID-VW-001...
  5. theclutch

EGT Manifold temp vs Filtered EGT temp

Can anyone tell me the difference between EGT Manifold temp readout vs the Filtered EGT temp? I'm trying to figure out which would be a better EGT readout especially if I track the car every so often.
  6. theclutch

SOLD! FS: COBB Big SF Intake + Treadstone Air Straightener for CCTA and CBFA

COBB Big SF Intake for CCTA and CBFA Mk6 GTI. This is originally $395 plus $35 for the Treadstone Air Straightener. This includes two rear pipes if you are local to Boston, MA or Providence, RI. If I have to ship to you, then I will only ship the pipe with the Treadstone Air Straightener (you...
  7. theclutch

What exhaust gas temps EGT do you see at the track?

Hi folks, what exhaust gas temps EGT do you see at the track? I think for normal daily driving, I notice it peak around 1400F. I will have to check tomorrow after a long drive. But on track, what do you guys see? What's NOT acceptable? Doing some searching on the internet says 1200F-1300F...
  8. theclutch

Help! My STFT and LTFT are out of whack.

My STFT and LTFT are out of whack (falling below .85 and over 1.15). I am told that this could be a leak between the turbo and the downpipe that I had just installed. My question is...since I'll be working on the car, are there any other potential leaks that I should chase after? If it is...
  9. theclutch

Build date was over a year older than my delivery date?

Guys, need your thoughts here.... I checked my car's build date near the door and got 06/12. I assume June 2012. But I bought my "brand new" car with less than 30 miles in Sept 2013 as a 2013 model!!! That's like 15 months since the car was built! Is that even possible?
  10. theclutch

COBB OTS and Stratified Stage 1 "Torque Actual" measurement

Hello everyone, can someone explain what "Torque Actual" means from the COBB Accessport? Obviously I know what torque it. I'm just wondering what the "actual" part is all about. I was running the COBB OTS Stage 1 and measured around 277 ft-lbs of torque. See attached pic. When I ran my...
  11. theclutch

Help me build a Civic Type R competitor!

Initially, I wrote the subject of the thread as "help me build a Civic Type R killer" but then realized that that may be too tall of an order. First things first, I pinged Stratified on this but it appears that they are still dealing with their building move and haven't responded yet. Hope...
  12. theclutch

MA emissions update with catted downpipe Stage 2?

I've searched and read through the threads about MA emissions. Does anyone have any updates? It seems that even if I had a catted downpipe (considering buying the CTS Turbo catted downpipe + Borla catback), I would still fail emissions unless I put an 42DraftDesigns O2 sensor "spacer" to the...
  13. theclutch

Should I remove rear brake dust shields?

I have a track event next week at Club Motorsports... yay! I was just putting on new pads and fluid and thought....hmmmm... should I take off the rear brake dust shields also? I had already taken the front off. I am running: Hawk HP+ front (removed brake dust shields) Hawk HPS rear Castrol...
  14. theclutch

Brake calipers will discolor, will powder coating help?

So the front brake calipers will discolor from red to burnt burgundy when the car is tracked... So I'm thinking of getting them powder coated in yellow (to be different). Will powder coating prevent discoloration? Or will it just burn up the same? I don't understand what Porsche or AMG did...
  15. theclutch

Exhaust sounds in Foxboro/Mansfield, MA area

Does anyone live in the Foxboro / Mansfield / Easton area that has a Borla or Magnaflow exhaust I could listen to?
  16. theclutch

Missing Driver's Side Footwell?

Guys, I just got my car inspected and I noticed something. Am I missing the driver side footwell ceiling? The passenger side has a ceiling. The only people that have worked on the car was the dealer and myself. Of course, there is no way in hell that I would forget putting that back. The...
  17. theclutch

Getting ready for driving schools

Hello folks, I just spent about 3 hours reading posts on brake pads, fluids, etc. ad nauseum... My issue is, some of the posts were outdated. For some background, I've done a lot of driving schools. Historically, I've used Hawk Blues and ATE Superblue brake fluids. Apparently, Superblues are...
  18. theclutch

Tuning and Coil Pack upgrade relationship?

VERY sorry if this thing has been rehashed... I SEARCHED and read through tons of threads that I could find regarding coil packs. The consensus is that if you are tuned, you will need to replace your coil packs with the red ones from the R8. I wouldn't have believed it until I got a coil pack...
  19. theclutch

Clubsport envy... how close can we get?

After reading and watching so many videos on the new Clubsport and even Clubsport S, I am envious. I know we can get similar if not better HP than 261 hp (306 in the S version). I presume Stage 1+ or definitely Stage 2 would get us that... I know it also has weight reduction. But how about...
  20. theclutch

Stock baseline dyno runs on GTECH PRO RR

So I dusted off my old GTECH PRO RR (remember those@!?) dating back, it appears, 12 years old. I needed to do some "baseline" runs with my 2013 GTI DSG before I hooked up my brand spankin new COBB Accessport... YAY! I did about 13 runs while trying not to do any wheel spins. Car spec...