GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Eonon GM5152

I have my old head unit for sale, was pulled recently due to upgrade to the 5153. As you can see there are a few things to address that will in no way affect function. 1. The MicroSD slot for GPS has the door missing, just something that came off and I have no idea where the door went. 2. The...
  2. G

When did you change out your coil packs?

I'm about to hit 80k and I think it's about time I swapped them just for maintenance sake. I haven't changed the plugs or the packs as I never saw any drop in performance or mpg but I think it's about time to quit being cheap lol. Any other suggestions for other things to swap,flush, or replace...
  3. G

My cars AC picked a hell of a time to crap out

So for the past 3 weeks or so its taken my car about 10-15min to cool down and at least blow cool. I figured no big deal, prolly just the summer heat coming and it needs some time to get the temps down. I finally had enough and decided to get one of those DIY cans at vatozone and try and top off...
  4. G

RCD-510 and Audiocontrol LC6i

I am selling my RCD-510 from my car, in perfect working order and no screen scratches. It does not have HD radio and my Audiocontrol LC6i which will allow you to hook up amplifiers to your stock radio and not sound like crap like the basic line out converters. Both were very well take care of...
  5. G

Has anyone retrofitted fogs on their golf/gti with an OEM harness?

Doesn't matter which as they use the same harness but I am having difficulty ID'ing 2 of the wires on the OEM harness that I bought. I searched but only came up with MK5 DIYs and they are very different. Note the two white wires pictured What do these go to? They have no pin connectors so...
  6. G

DubAudio stealthbox 175shipped for a 10in sub

Box will not work for my sub, not sending it back again so my loss is your gain. Asking 175 shipped CONUS via UPS. Paypal is preferred but I will entertain trade offers for other items of interest. Mainly looking for OEM underseat drawers, 9w7 bluetooth modules(obviously I would add cash), or an...
  7. G

JL cleansweep vs audiocontrol LC6

Which would be a better option as far as sound quality for the rcd510? Are you able to add a 4 chanel and seperate 2 chanel amplifier on the cleansweep? If so, how? Amplifiers will be a pdxf4 pushing alpine spr17s front and rear for now and I would like to eventually add a sub. Thanks for any help
  8. G

Mounting the rhomboid bumper caps

Anyone know how these are fixed into place? Should there be a grommet they pop into or a screw perhaps? Finally got mine in from the dealer but there wasn't anything included for securing them. Just placing them into the slot does not seem like it would be permanent and I would rather not...
  9. G

Radio code required?

Swapping from a comfortline golf radio to a premium 8, will I need the radio code from the car it came from? Are these able to be obtained from the dealer should the seller not include it? Anyone know if the aux in located in the center console will still work? Thanks
  10. G

AC system performance

Are there any specs or ways to gauge if the ac system is not up to par? My car was wrecked and the condenser had to be replaced but now it seems as though the AC doesn't even get cold enough. Would it be freon levels that would cause this or under performing ac components? I was told they vacuum...
  11. G

IN the process of swapping my Golf Front to a GTI

After 1 month of waiting for a body shop failing miserably, I pulled my car out and started the process myself. Just waiting for the rest of the parts to come in and hopefully it will be done in a week or so depending on when I can get it painted. This was my car after my girlfriend wrecked...