GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Stocktastic1

I gotter meotter.

Copied from my build thread on ClubRoadster.
  2. Stocktastic1

It's been a while...

...and this is why... scenicmuch by EdwardFarmer, on Flickr @Recaro by EdwardFarmer, on Flickr letsgo by EdwardFarmer, on Flickr newlol by EdwardFarmer, on Flickr Blue by EdwardFarmer, on Flickr 5.0 by EdwardFarmer, on Flickr iPhonestatus by EdwardFarmer, on Flickr ftwwww by...
  3. Stocktastic1

ElsaWeb Online VAG Manual

Found this little gem the other night... ElsaWeb Hopefully this isn't a repost. :lol:
  4. Stocktastic1

How well built and reliable is your car?

Really? How many times has it been in for non maintenance issues? How many times have you had a CEL? How many times has it left you stranded? Mine: Owned since 8/10/10; 1280 miles. 29,294 current miles. Never a CEL. Never left me stranded. Been in for: • TPMS Recall • Footwell Vent...
  5. Stocktastic1

OEM Alignment Specs

I need the OEM Alignment specs. Something's off with mine, but I haven't hit anything. Car has 26k on it, and it's never shown any signs of needing an alignment until recently. My right front tire, came off the right rear or left rear (Had wheels installed and used the tires I had), is...
  6. Stocktastic1

Leaky DSG?

I was changing my oil today when I noticed what seems to be remnants of a leak from the DSG case. Called the dealer right off, and the Service Manager answered, he said it didn't seem like a huge concern, just one we need to check and watch. My question is, before I drive 100 miles to the...
  7. Stocktastic1

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

It's been awhile since I've done a car. What better way to get back to it than this beauty? This car was done for National Speed, they installed the following: -20'' HRE 565R's -Dunlop Sport Maxx tires -Milltek Turboback Exhaust -GIAC Custom Tune They gave me a call to get it looking right...
  8. Stocktastic1

Other cars you tinker with.

I'm going to be working on my cousin's C240 with him later this week. Valve Cover Gaskets Recirculating Cover Gaskets 12 Spark Plugs (2 plugs per cylinder FML) Oil/Filter/Plug/Washer NOT wanting to go to the dealer, since it's the same one as VW and I'm "Banned" from there. :lol: Also, they...
  9. Stocktastic1

OEM Jack Pad Kit.

Has anyone used these on the Mk6 yet? ECS lists them as fitting a MkV, but not a Mk6. Obviously they are the same car, so it should fit. But ECS is not the kind of company you order things from without knowing, from past experience at least.
  10. Stocktastic1

Rusted Rear LCA at 18,500 miles.

The Left Rear Lower Control arm is rusted to the point that the paint is flaking off. It's rusting from under the paint out, there are no scrapes on it. I realize I live in a salty climate, but damn. Right rear is perfect. Warranty?
  11. Stocktastic1

Might pick up a MkV Jetta.

I'm looking for a project. I don't want anything old. I found an '05 MkV Jetta with a little over 100k miles on it in Florida. It looks to be a base with an auto. Which is the tip, so it's not a huge deal to me. The car is $6,991. I'm thinking I can get them to $6,500 or maybe even $6,000...
  12. Stocktastic1

Dealer rant... you'll wanna check this one out.

Let me start by saying this: This is not a bashing of this dealer, just a warning to other members and customers of some less-than-professional business practices. It all started when I took my GTI to Bob King VW, in Wilmington, NC, for a warranty claim on my wheel. It seems that one of the...
  13. Stocktastic1

Door noises.

I've had some noises pop up from the upper rear part of the drivers door. It sounds like something in the panel? I'm not sure. It's definitely annoying as hell. Given recent experiences, I'm not very eager to take it to the dealer. Anyone else have these same noises?
  14. Stocktastic1

Where were you when the World stopped turning? The 9/11 Thread.

Where were you when the World stopped turning? I was in my 6th Grade math class, watching a special on TV, when they broke in. Myself, as well as my classmates and teacher, stood there. Stunned. I literally could not move for at least 2 hours. It's one thing to hear about the first plane...
  15. Stocktastic1

Two part numbers for Huffs?

I basically have a hodge-podge of wheels on my car. The front 2 are BBS Huffs. The Rear 2 are Ronal Huffs. The front 2 missed QC by a mile. The rears are perfect. The issue is: The lips on the two BBS's are pretty uneven. One is SUPER thick all the way around, the other varies thickness...
  16. Stocktastic1

Subframe clunk.

I've had a nasty little subframe bolt clunk pop up. It's always when I'm turning left at 20ish mph. Same issue as the MkVs? Bolt that stretched? It's going in next week, but I wanted to be prepared.
  17. Stocktastic1

Mac guys... List your setup!

I'm a Mac guy through and through, and I have been for about 5 years now. I WILL NOT use a Windows Based PC for anything other than work, since that's all they have. Yes, this means no VCDS, but hey, that's why I know people with it! Current Setup: MacBook Pro 7,1 (Aluminum) 13.1'' LED...
  18. Stocktastic1

Glanz Detailing: '08 MkV GTI

This car came to me by way of referral from a local forum. The car just needed a really good general cleaning, so it was booked for an Interior/Exterior Protection Detail. The customer dropped it off at my house the night before the scheduled detail. Before: DSC_0810 by edward.farmer, on...
  19. Stocktastic1

You got fake wheels? I got fake HDR... #winning.

DSC_1102 by edward.farmer, on Flickr DSC_1118 by edward.farmer, on Flickr DSC_1117-2 by edward.farmer, on Flickr DSC_1108 by edward.farmer, on Flickr DSC_1104 by edward.farmer, on Flickr DSC_1116 by edward.farmer, on Flickr DSC_1113 by edward.farmer, on Flickr DSC_1109 by...
  20. Stocktastic1

FS/FT: S5 Reps

For Sale or Trade, Audi S5 Reps. They are about an 8 out of 10. A couple have some nicks in the lips, that have been touched up. They run true. Wheels only, with new metal Hub Centering Rings and VW Centercaps. 18x8 ET45, 5x112, 66.6 CB. $400 plus shipping. DSC_1036 by edward.farmer, on...