GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jchilvz

Fuse 100 Ticking

Hello. Forgive me if this has been answered but I could not find it. I started driving my VW MKVI 2010 Golf 2.5L yesterday after it sat for a month. Now I know that's already a bad intro and everyone will say battery. Started her up just fine, never skipped a beat. I will admit the idling was...
  2. Jchilvz

Brake light intermittently on, but fluid is good and pads are only half worn.

Background: -Trying to solve the mystery of the random brake light issue. -I just moved from Cali to Illinois. Its a lot colder so I thought this could be an issue just as a heads up. -Brake fluid is find and half full. Pads and rotors (stoptech) are relatively new (6,000 miles on them) as I got...
  3. Jchilvz

BILSTEIN B4 and H&R sport springs issues

Coz i’m not a huge fan. They’re great don’t get me wrong but I just don’t like how they drive. Honestly they’d be better than this hassle but in the long run, they’re missing something for me. I loved the B8s and Super Sport Springs. Friends of mine have had coils so it’s not like i’ve had a 2...
  4. Jchilvz

Alright. B4 with H&R Sport Springs do not work. It’s a major downgrade. The ride is just atrocious and despite rolling my fenders professionally I still carve into my 225/40/18 Michelin tyres. Can’t even get them prorated. To go from B8 and super sport springs to this I thought would be a walk...
  5. Jchilvz

Coz peanut butter has peanut oil in it and that somehow helps like a wax coating allowing the paint to not crack? Ive seen the baseball bat thing. Honestly the tool is 80$. Thought about it, but I'd rather not have the accountability.
  6. Jchilvz

@snobrdrdan I will roll the fenders. This will be my first time doing it so I will report back. I just found it super odd that my ride height increases by half an inch and now I'm rubbin, when before I was lower but was not rubbing at all. It must be that these softer springs and softer struts...
  7. Jchilvz

Hey are you still around mate? I wanted to apologise for a lot of stuff and I would like to find...

Hey are you still around mate? I wanted to apologise for a lot of stuff and I would like to find a way to make it up to you. I hope you are well.
  8. Jchilvz

This the H&R Website with what should fit and what not: https://www.hrsprings.com/application/search/resultsbymake/38/Suspension
  9. Jchilvz

Recently bought B4 bilsteins and H&R Sport Springs. Previously had B8 bilsteins and super sport springs before the left front (driver) failed after 150k miles. I wanted to go softer as im climbing the age chart but I fear i’ve made a huge mistake and I am asking for advice. If these is a...
  10. Jchilvz

CIVIC si vs BRZ?

FR-S...the GT83...coz it's the same shit... as the BRZ...look up the top gear episode and test...
  11. Jchilvz

SRI tune is done...and installed...no hoax...

For some of my good friends out there, you have been harassing me for some time now about the ECU tune and SRI... Yes, I have let you wait anxiously on the edge of your seats, but i guarantee you that no one has been as anxious as me... A week ago I self removed my ecu with the DIY on the...
  12. Jchilvz

How long will you keep your Golf 2.5?

I want 1 finger gap all around...linear...coils i dont want..Idky...I just want something new
  13. Jchilvz

Wheres my fellow Snowboarding enthusiasts?

So it my turn to drive to the mountains this year and i need a roof rack. Idw some cheap lil box, i want something that I can keep on for the winter and still turn heads... Any brands out theres... I want a clean black one with a nice wind deflector up front... Any input lads?
  14. Jchilvz

Paint work

I'm getting some new bumpers and have to touch up my old bumper due to crazy ladies who cant drive stick and roll into me:yikes:...FML... Anyone know a good one in SOCAL...Paint work place that is...
  15. Jchilvz

Mk6 recall

Just got a lovely letter from my commonwealth dealer telling me theres a recall for the golf... Anyone else get this lovely piece of news? ECU software update they said... Thats all they wud tell me...
  16. Jchilvz

Oem Bumpers

So basically I want to know who has a Golf R front bumper? who converted theirs? how much did you pay and would you be willing to compromise... ECS has it for 2K (really...) Or would you be willing to compromise for a Golf R like bumper for $200 sounds shady right? Just looking for input...
  17. Jchilvz

SRI is here

UM SRI just came in!!! Should be installed next week! writing the program for the ECU now. Cannot wait! ThyGreyt you are GREYT. Thanks for all your advice. :happyanim: Will run logs and dyno it to show you all what I get out of it. Wonder if i'm one of the few MK6 Golfs to have one.