GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 4D17HY4

OR folks - seeking your wisdom

The fam (wife, 2 kids) and I live in AZ, and are contemplating a move to the PNW next year. We aren’t a huge fan of (actually, we hate) the summers here where we are locked up indoors when the kids will be out of school. We don’t mind overcast skies and rain. Plus, our lifestyle (vegetarians...
  2. 4D17HY4

Custom Catted Downpipe (Godspeed + Cat)?

I'm considering going Stage 2 and looking at options for a DP. I want to stay catted, which means the only options are well above $500. I've searched but haven't found much info on anybody using a less expen$ive downpipe like Godspeed/Raceland and welding in another brand 3" cat inline...
  3. 4D17HY4

High Pressure Fuel Pump bad - maintenance woes

After having to go to the dealership not once, but twice in a year to get my water pump replaced, I thought the drama had ended for some while. But, no. A couple of weeks ago, a "Low Oil Pressure" light came on sporadically on the dash with the message showing up on the MFI display. It went...
  4. 4D17HY4

Motor revs up to only 4K at stop

First time trying this, so I can't say if it's a new phenomenon. At a stop light, I mashed the gas pedal and the motor only revved to around 4K RPM. I hear a wastegate dump after that and the revs hold no matter. This happens if the shifter is in N or 1st (6spd manual). TCS is left on. Is this...
  5. 4D17HY4

CEL lights after Boost Gauge install

Just got done installing the NewSouth Performance boost gauge on my 2011. Damn, getting the battery out was a PITA, but should be easier next time because I know how to. The under-dash area is pretty packed as well so it was a bit hard working the wires around. Anyway, got the battery back...
  6. 4D17HY4

WTB: OEM Headlight Switch

In a classic FAIL, I found that I was stronger than a 2mm plastic bond. Needless to say, I broke the headlight switch (didn't push it in deep enough before the twist). Aaanyway, I'd like to buy a fully functional OEM headlight switch (black/chrome) for my 2011. Any of you out there with the...
  7. 4D17HY4

Help me pick a license plate

I love Top Gear :thumbup: and love the fact that the Stig's color theme matches my CW GTI :) I need help from the community to pick my plate! BRNSTIG (brown stig, brown like me :)) STIGFTW (stig for the winn!) T3HSTIG (the L337 stig)
  8. 4D17HY4

My Muffler Delete Audio Clip (stock resonator)

I finally got around to getting the GoPro strapped on to the car to record what my car sounds like without the suitcase muffler. I still have the stock resonator on, and am running APR Stage1 with the Neuspeed P-Flo intake. Got a few clips of outside the car and inside the car. Let me know...
  9. 4D17HY4

Push button locations

I'd like to see where you guys have installed push buttons and for what function (other than the engine start)? I want to relocate my bulky garage door opener under the hood or in the glove box and have a switch for it somwhere. I know the website that sells the pushbuttons that match the TCS...
  10. 4D17HY4

Tach needle very slightly jiggling

I've noticed that when holding a constant speed (or even in neutral), the needle on my tach doesn't just sit still - it jiggles up and down a little bit. And I don't mean a shift when the A/C kicks in with more load, these are very small movements, about 1-2 every second. Anybody else see this...
  11. 4D17HY4

Magnaflow CBE or APR Stage1 first?

I want to put some time in between the two mods. One now and the second in about 6 months. Which should I go with first? Magnaflow CBE now and APR stg1 after summer when heat and AC will stop robbing power, so I can enjoy all the horses? APR Stage1 through the summer then CBE in the winter...
  12. 4D17HY4

Auto windows through VAG-COM also DOWN?

I'm going in to get some VAG-COM work done. One of the items on my list is the Auto Windows through the remote key fob. Does this only pull windows up automatically, or can it be used to roll the windows DOWN as well? It's hot in AZ and that would be helpful. Also, can anyone confirm this as...
  13. 4D17HY4

APR not available for my 2011!

Came to a shop to get my APR Stage1 done. Turns out the guys weren't able to download the stuff for my 2011. Apparently they called APR and the ECU is too new! Anybody have this happen? I'm gonna have to wait a bit and send the ECU into APR H/Q to get it proto-flashed. Arin - can you comment?
  14. 4D17HY4

My baby Porsche GTI

Got into my car this morning to drive to work. I found her dreaming of becoming a Porsche one day. But she couldn't decide whether she would be a 997 or a 991 :happyanim:
  15. 4D17HY4

Navigation - how to move map display?

When the navigation is up, how do you move the map display? For example if you want to look further down the road from where you are. The manual says something about tapping or swiping, but none of it seems to work!
  16. 4D17HY4

New dealership - how should I ask about modding?

I'm going in for my 'courtesy 90 day check' to my local VW dealership tomorrow. The one I bought my car from was cool with plans for future APR Stage 1, but they are too far away. How should I approach this new dealership with the question on how accepting they are with drivetrain mods?
  17. 4D17HY4

Got a little spray crazy today.

Re-did both the rear and front badges. The rear I just replaced with ones from eBay (they aren't as large as stock.) The front I removed and sanded/primed/painted with some exterior grade plastic paint. Also did my engine cover :) Thanks to someone on the forum for the idea! Getting my...
  18. 4D17HY4

Without front GTI badge

Can anyone confirm whether the front GTI badge can be removed without leaving holes in the grill? Are the G, T, and I stuck on the plate?
  19. 4D17HY4

4D17HY4's 2011 GTI thread

Just 500 miles on the odo. Love my Candy White 4dr 6-speed 2011 GTI. Got it with the sunroof and navi package. Still babying it, and will continue babying it till the 1K mark. Plan to get some visual mods, APR stage1, Forge DV with intake/exhaust in the long run. Good to see the common...
  20. 4D17HY4

Which wax to use?

I picked the Meguiar's the other day but then saw an ad for the Eagle1 wax today. Eagle1 is supposed to be easier to apply and *supposedly* doesn't harm the rubber surfaces. I love this car and want to make the effort to clean it myself and more frequently, but also note that I have limited...